The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

Fish are pets, too!

Posted By: BIRDPOND

Fish are pets, too! - 03/29/09 02:41 AM

Not sure which thread to post this in, but just wanted to share this photo of one of my (pet) bettas. (Feel free to move.)

I still like playing with the strange lens effects I get, with no post processing to achieve them. (File reduced for web.) Thanks for enduring me, lol!

Comments always welcome.

Attached picture 21787-newbettapaintingweb.jpg

Re: Fish are pets, too! - 03/29/09 03:06 AM

And another . . .

Attached picture 21788-bettamugeditedweb.jpg
Posted By: Peggy Sue

Re: Fish are pets, too! - 03/29/09 12:49 PM

Sure glad you posted your pet on this page. How do you pet your pet?
Lovely shots of your fish. What are their names?
Posted By: Jim Poor

Re: Fish are pets, too! - 03/29/09 01:44 PM

I really like the colors in the first one. Nicely done.

Re: Fish are pets, too! - 03/29/09 02:55 PM

PeggySue, lol, I meant 'as opposed to wildlife',

then I realized how people would read it, haha. I don't think they'd enjoy petting, but they beg shamelessly for food when they see me near their bowls!

It's actually the same betta in both photos.

Thanks, Jim. If I would learn to properly process my images I could get better colors and such, but as it is I'm still just fascinated by the effects of shooting macro of fish in irregular glass bowls and jars. I keep plugging away at it!
Posted By: Bright Eyes

Re: Fish are pets, too! - 03/29/09 09:51 PM

Yes I like the 2nd one very much too! How did you get the black background?

These photos are horrible but I thought you might appreciate them. I took them probably 20 years ago, they are of my goldfish who lived 13 years! He moved with me many times too, I still remember driving him to each new home with him in a bucket and he's slap his tail on the surface to show me he's mad about the road being so bumpy

I would pet him by just putting my hand in the water and he let me touch his sides, he was very slimy!

Re: Fish are pets, too! - 03/29/09 11:51 PM

Yes I do appreciate them! 13 years is an amazing age for most any goldfish. Yours was very lucky to have you as a caretaker! He was quite lovely, too.

Did he have a name?

And yes,fish can develop personalities and some truly can become 'pets'!

Thank you so much for sharing your images of your friend.
Posted By: Bright Eyes

Re: Fish are pets, too! - 04/01/09 09:23 AM

Thank you for appreciating them! We were just talking about Romulus the other day and his mate, Rhiannon. He was an old friend and he lived on top of the piano when he was small. He was quite a music critic :-)

What's your dude's name?

Re: Fish are pets, too! - 04/01/09 10:35 PM

I'm embarrassed to say he doesn't have a name yet! I have a bunch of dogs, raise song canaries (currently have about 16 breeding adults, all with names, and new chicks without names so far) and a number of fishies.

I'm running out of names, lol!

Any suggestions for him?
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum