The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

Miniature Horse

Posted By: I_See_Spots

Miniature Horse - 04/06/09 09:13 PM

Ok, here goes (says nervously ). I'm in the beginning stages of really learning photography, right now on my own by reading the cameras manual, and this summer I will be taking some classes to help me out even further. I'm open to critiques and advise on my photos, because I really do learn from that. My camera is new, so I'm just getting to know it, and it's features right now.

I've been going back and forth on this photo. I really like it, because it shows my little guys personality to a "T". But I'm not sure what to think otherwise. Originally, he had a shadow on his side from a fence post, that I took out. Do you think it's necessary that the whole fenceline come out? This is a horse, in it's natural setting after all. Taken with a Nikon D700, 70-200mm 2.8 lens. All opinions welcome.

And another.
Posted By: Peggy Sue

Re: Miniature Horse - 04/06/09 10:42 PM

I love your little guys and your appreciation for loud color. Even you avatar shows your cat is a beauty.

I prefer the second BW and I really think the fence adds to the image. Although the first one shows the great coloring on this guy but the nose is too close to the edge and that is distraction.

Looking forward to seeing more of your herd.
Posted By: DavidRamey

Re: Miniature Horse - 04/07/09 12:08 AM

If you want to learn how to use your camera, You need to buy Thom Hogan's e-book "The Complete Guide to the Nikon D700". You can buy here Thom Hogan .
Posted By: James Morrissey

Re: Miniature Horse - 04/10/09 08:48 PM

I agree with Peggy Sue about these images. I definitely prefer the second as well...the fence does add something, and the brightness of the image appears to be spot on.

James

Re: Miniature Horse - 04/11/09 03:40 AM

Thanks all! Your feedback really helps me out!

And David, thank you for the link to that e-book! I'm going to order it, I think it could be very beneficial for me.

Re: Miniature Horse - 04/28/09 02:05 PM

David, I just wanted to thank you for suggesting the D700 book from Thom Hogan! I received my copy yesterday, and just looking through the reference guide, there is alot of well explained info in there in itself. I'm starting with off camera flash, and there was one specific bit of info in there that I found extremely helpful, that was not in my cameras manual. So thank you!
Posted By: DavidRamey

Re: Miniature Horse - 04/28/09 06:28 PM

Your welcome. I always buy Thom's books to understand the cameras better.
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum