The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

Playing around

Posted By: Julie

Playing around - 05/16/09 02:28 AM

I took Tanis and Cinnamon to the studio today.

Posted By: wallyspop

Re: Playing around - 05/18/09 08:44 PM

Julie, both are very nice but I really like the feel of the first shot. Very nice composition and post work....
Posted By: psmith

Re: Playing around - 05/19/09 04:00 AM

I like these. A LOT.

The first one is begging for ad time in the dead space and the second one is screaming "I'm the cause of the gray hair"

What is the bling on Dottie's paw?

I really love the expressions in #2....they are both saying the same thing.
Posted By: James Morrissey

Re: Playing around - 05/19/09 12:18 PM

Hi Julie,

Love the first shot - really well done. I am seeing a bit of a color cast on the second one that makes them both look a bit ruddy.

James
Posted By: Julie

Re: Playing around - 05/19/09 01:20 PM

The pink is bouncing up onto them. I will almost have to go with a cross process to get rid of it. I have played with a blue cross process. It changes the softness of the image, but, it is interesting too.

Preston, I think the bling is her tail. Whippets sit on them and bring them through their underbody. People always comment on it. Its the way their croup is made(they drop off) if they hold them up, well, that shows they are totally put together wrong!
Posted By: psmith

Re: Playing around - 05/19/09 04:57 PM

I thought you had put a Scrunchie on her
Posted By: GLM

Re: Playing around - 06/08/09 02:23 AM

Julie - The first image is absolutely wonderful and should be your next brochure!

- Gary
Posted By: DavidRamey

Re: Playing around - 06/08/09 02:39 AM

Julie, not only should the first one be your brochure, but also your business card, maybe even your studio sign.
Posted By: Jim Garvie

Re: Playing around - 06/08/09 12:06 PM

Julie,
love 'em both but the first one is very special. Composition and PP technique are just superb.

Jim
Posted By: Jim Garvie

Re: Playing around - 06/08/09 12:20 PM

Julie,
I'm just curious: what made you choose that particular composition for the first image?

Jim
Posted By: GLM

Re: Playing around - 06/08/09 05:19 PM

I came back to read the posts that followed mine and honestly, the more I look at the first image, the more I want to see it again.

I'm not sure I can describe it, but it is very special. One of those "you know it when you see it" kind of things.

Just excellent!

- Gary
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum