The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

F1 savannah

Posted By: StarrLight

F1 savannah - 04/13/10 07:25 AM

Am way behind on photo processing after two cat shows and three home shoots but thought I'd post a photo I really liked from one of the home shoots. Those of you on facebook may have seen this already... it's an F1 Savannah female. Savannahs are a domestic-hybrid breed of cat, derived from the African Serval.

Diana

Posted By: Jim Poor

Re: F1 savannah - 04/13/10 11:47 AM

Beautiful Cat!
Posted By: Sunstruck

Re: F1 savannah - 04/13/10 12:23 PM

Beautiful! I like the playful pose.
Posted By: psmith

Re: F1 savannah - 04/13/10 12:32 PM

Nice lighting, great image, pretty cat. Good work.
Posted By: Jim Garvie

Re: F1 savannah - 04/13/10 12:45 PM

Very nice, Diana. I like everything about this shot.

Jim
Posted By: Julie

Re: F1 savannah - 04/13/10 04:15 PM

Beautiful!

Re: F1 savannah - 04/13/10 06:47 PM

Thanks everyone! This cat is really large, as most early generation savannahs are. We ended up just ditching the 4 foot platform I usually use and shooting on their 6 or 8 foot long dining table covered with a huge backdrop to get some action shots. Which is almost all you get from a savannah since they are *really* active cats.

Diana
Posted By: Tammie

Re: F1 savannah - 08/16/10 04:44 AM

Diana,

What a great shot of a beautiful Savannah girl! Thank you so much for sharing. I'm new here..just going through and looking at some photos. I'm always happy to see Savannah photos. I have two Savannah cats and am VERY fond of the breed. We had an F2, but she passed in 2008. We currently have an F3 female and an F4 male. Our boy is BIG and weighs twenty-one pounds. I will post photos of them soon.

-Tammie
Posted By: James Morrissey

Re: F1 savannah - 08/17/10 01:37 PM

Hey Diana,

Somehow I missed this when you first posted it. Really beautiful work. You are really showing good stuff!

James

Re: F1 savannah - 08/20/10 05:49 AM

Thanks Tammie and James!

Diana
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum