The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

Ollie

Posted By: James Morrissey

Ollie - 06/22/10 04:27 AM

This is a dog we photographed when we were in Acadia NP a couple of weeks back.

James

Posted By: Jim Garvie

Re: Ollie - 06/22/10 12:51 PM

Yup, pure Golden! Nice shots.

Jim
Posted By: James Morrissey

Re: Ollie - 06/23/10 07:39 PM

Thanks, Jim. The photos were really quite easy...the light was overcast and it was mid-afternoon. The dog was having the time of its life, I was just shooting him. It helps that the dog is exhuberent (sp). I would have thought he would be cold in the water, but honestly, they could not keep him out of the water.

James
Posted By: Jim Garvie

Re: Ollie - 06/23/10 09:32 PM

Jim,
Crash, our dearly-departed Golden, would run out the back door and leap into the middle of the pool any time of the year and any time of the day. And he would just motor around it for hours until I pulled him out exhausted. He was truly a water dog and would have been swimming every day if we let him. Rotties will swim -- and most of mine love it -- but only when allowed in and usually with someone. We used to do alternate retrieves with tennis balls with Annie and Rowdy and each knew when it was "their turn". Annie would occasionally race Rowdy to the ball and steal it from him -- and he'd let her -- but mostly they'd play nice.

Great series of Ollie. The lighting is lovely.

Jim
Posted By: StarrLight

Re: Ollie - 06/24/10 08:43 PM

Love the shots, very cute pooch. I sure miss having a dog, we can't have one in our rental house. One of these days...

Diana
Posted By: Sunstruck

Re: Ollie - 06/25/10 12:39 AM

I love the bottom shot. Dogs and water!
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum