The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

Teacup Portraits

Posted By: NinaS

Teacup Portraits - 07/02/10 01:09 PM

took 5 giant mugs to a recent trial and every small dog in the building (ok, maybe not all, but alot) came by for their summer portraits
C&C always welcome

This is Yoda, he celebrated his 15th birthday this day

not everyone could fit in a mug
Posted By: BIRDPOND

Re: Teacup Portraits - 07/02/10 02:15 PM

They're all great (In My Ameteur Opionion), but I love the 3rd one down, the scruffy adorable pup with the great expression and attitude! It has a different feel to it than most (more placid) teacup photos I've seen, and I want to meet that doggie!
Posted By: Jim Garvie

Re: Teacup Portraits - 07/03/10 01:19 PM

I need to find a really BIG one for my Rottie portraits . Brazilian Teacup Rotties! Only $40,000. Hurry, they don't last long at this price .

Jim
Posted By: James Morrissey

Re: Teacup Portraits - 07/04/10 02:02 PM

LOL, are you sure you did not at least TRY to fit the last one into the mug?? Very cute series!

James
Posted By: Jim Poor

Re: Teacup Portraits - 07/05/10 12:28 PM

Perhaps a "tea cup" from one of the amusement park rides?

Quote:

I need to find a really BIG one for my Rottie portraits . Brazilian Teacup Rotties! Only $40,000. Hurry, they don't last long at this price .

Jim

Re: Teacup Portraits - 07/05/10 02:39 PM

here's that orange mug (had the two chi's in another pic) so you can see how big/little they are LOL
this is the biggest of all 6 of my mugs

this is a small pug, she jumps 8" in agility, she is smaller than your average pug

don't critique the image, it was a test shot, LOL

imagine what your rottie would do with this mug LOL
Posted By: psmith

Re: Teacup Portraits - 07/05/10 04:09 PM

Nina, is that red and green one a 12" cup? I think I have that one but I haven't found anyone small enough to put in it yet.

Hope you don't mind, here is my favorite teacup portrait:

Turkish Delight!

Re: Teacup Portraits - 07/05/10 04:14 PM

I'm not sure how big it is, they're all approximately the same size, the orange one is an inch or two wider than the rest
sorry can't go out & measure, they're buried at the front of my truck bed ... and I don't have time to unpack till Thursday LOL got the flower cups at walmart, along with the brown one

cute kitty, I'll have to remember to bring some cups on my next kitty shoot

Re: Teacup Portraits - 07/05/10 04:18 PM

How do you pack them for transport to keep them from breaking?
Posted By: rpcrowe

Re: Teacup Portraits - 07/05/10 04:39 PM

Great photos and the giant teacups are a marvelous idea. They are on my "prop" list...

Re: Teacup Portraits - 07/05/10 04:39 PM

I have large totes with locking lids, each teacup is wrapped in fabric (which I use as backdrops and table tops) & I have 3 cups in a tote

depending on what I'm shooting, I didn't used to bring everything, but now my new crew cab truck has tons of space for almost everything LOL
Posted By: StarrLight

Re: Teacup Portraits - 07/06/10 06:22 PM

Love all the cup shots, have been wanting one but haven't been seriously looking yet. Almost picked up a flower pot at the grocery this weekend but wanting to give some more thought as to what colors will be most useful.

Diana

Re: Teacup Portraits - 07/06/10 09:39 PM

Diana, just buy them in all colors, they'll get old quickly so you need a collection of them LOL

Re: Teacup Portraits - 07/06/10 09:46 PM

Quote:

Diana, just buy them in all colors, they'll get old quickly so you need a collection of them LOL

So, true. It gets really repetitive and boring if you don't have half a dozen or more.

Re: Teacup Portraits - 07/06/10 10:52 PM

Preston I was at the San Diego county fair this weekend and came across a little black patent collar, like a shirt collar, with a white bowtie on it. Will be anxious to see if any of the cats will wear it. I'm not big on having the cats wear things but it might be fun, especially for a black and white cat.

Diana
Posted By: Jim Garvie

Re: Teacup Portraits - 07/07/10 01:15 PM

Diana,
I definitely think you should try this getup:

The tux and the wedding gown would be perfect!

Jim

Re: Teacup Portraits - 07/07/10 06:25 PM

LOL, with cats? You've got to be kidding! Actually they do dress up cats and have costume contests sometimes at the shows.

Diana
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum