The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

ANOTHER RESCUE MALTESE

Posted By: rpcrowe

ANOTHER RESCUE MALTESE - 07/08/10 06:30 PM

This is Porsche another of the Maltese whom we are fostering. Porsche has been with us for a while now and will probably be with us for a while yet.

When he came to us, Porsche just had surgery for testicular cancer (which was successful) and he had no hair from his shoulders back to his tail. He looked like a Chinese crested. He also drank quantities of water and peed quantities not always in appropriate places. We had him checked for crohn's disease as well as diabetes and anything else that would cause the drinking problems. The vet determined that it was a hormonal imbalance that precipitated the drinking.

Well, he is growing coat back and his drinking has moderated. He still is not at the point where we will put him up for adoption, but he is getting there and he is cute as a button.

Luckily, his medical expenses are being covered by the American Maltese Association Rescue Fund which supports our rescue efforts with medical care funding.

Posted By: Jim Poor

Re: ANOTHER RESCUE MALTESE - 07/08/10 06:53 PM

What a cutie! What, aside from the drinking / piddling, keeps him from being ready for adoption?
Posted By: Julie

Re: ANOTHER RESCUE MALTESE - 07/08/10 10:45 PM

Love the purple bandana with the purple flowers. He should be very adoptable when he is ready
Posted By: rpcrowe

Re: ANOTHER RESCUE MALTESE - 07/10/10 06:49 PM

Nothing besides that... He still needs to grow more hair from shoulders beck but, he would grow that in an adopted home as well as in our home...
Posted By: James Morrissey

Re: ANOTHER RESCUE MALTESE - 07/11/10 03:34 AM

Hey Richard,

Again - I love the affect of these flowers. Very nice! Good luck finding a home for this guy.

James
Posted By: TeresaBerg

Re: ANOTHER RESCUE MALTESE - 08/02/10 03:10 PM

What a sweetheart! I photograph lots of rescue dogs for the Dallas Fort Worth Dachshund Rescue foundation --and it's some of the most rewarding work that I do.

I think we forget, as photographers, how much we can help these homeless dogs! Since I started shooting their "adoptable dogs" their web traffic has increased ten fold.

We also post them on facebook which helps tremendously. Because of the increased exposure, dogs get adopted much faster and this opens up homes for more homeless dogs.

It's a win-win....
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum