The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

Top Dog contest...

Posted By: Julie

Top Dog contest... - 08/16/10 03:36 PM

This was a HUGE success. 33 dogs came through this weekend. Much faster paced than I like to do, but, it worked out ok. I was booked from 9am until 6pm both days. I even worked through lunch on Sun.

http://video214.com/play/2c32RZHOypvyMQ9aD8ieuw/s/dark

Its really a neat opportunity. Not one that happens in this area often!(being able to do something with a movie)
Posted By: Sunstruck

Re: Top Dog contest... - 08/16/10 04:26 PM

Congrats Julie! Wonderful shots. There are some seriously adorable photos!
Posted By: James Morrissey

Re: Top Dog contest... - 08/17/10 01:35 PM

Hey Julie,

Agreed. Nice work, as usual. LOL, I like the video a lot. The music is not what I expected, but I like it. May I ask where you got it?

James

Re: Top Dog contest... - 08/17/10 07:09 PM

Its in the animoto music library
Posted By: psmith

Re: Top Dog contest... - 08/17/10 07:49 PM

Heck of a job Julie. That's a lot of sessions in 2 days. And the results do not look rushed, same Julie quality. Pat yourself on the back. Then make some sales :-)

Re: Top Dog contest... - 08/18/10 12:34 AM

It was a huge amount for me in 2 days. I generally will not do more than 2 a day so I can keep everything low key and very custom. Mostly it is one a day. This was over the top for me and caused me great anxiety before the weekend. Well, I cause me great anxiety!
Posted By: StarrLight

Re: Top Dog contest... - 08/20/10 05:59 AM

Really great photos, a few that are extremely funny.
Diana
Posted By: rabhobbes

Re: Top Dog contest... - 08/20/10 03:45 PM

Holy cow, I'd stress about that many too! I'm in the same boat, do 1 or 2 sessions on any one day.
That song rocks! Lots of great shots, as usual
What was the promo, exactly?

Re: Top Dog contest... - 08/20/10 04:49 PM

Here was the promotion
http://juliepoole.com/blog/2010/08/03/do-you-have-knoxvilles-top-dog/

It is pretty unique
Posted By: rabhobbes

Re: Top Dog contest... - 08/28/10 05:09 PM

Thanks for the link. Very cool!
(BTW, I'm now addicted to making Animoto videos from my sessions)
Posted By: Gianchetta

Re: Top Dog contest... - 09/05/10 07:19 PM

Hey Julie! Awesome Job! Very nice work! I pulled off 52 dogs on a Saturday from 10 to 7 doing a fundraiser for the local Humane society. It was craziness, I only used white backdrops though to save time, i dont think it could be done switching it up with diff. backgrounds in that small of a time frame. It does almost feel like an assembly line when you have to do them that quick but it was for a good cause. We raised a LOT of money for them so it worked out. Nice video too, i love animoto! Take care, Scott
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum