The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

Moxie At 9 Months Of Age

Posted By: Jim Garvie

Moxie At 9 Months Of Age - 08/21/10 07:51 PM

Nine months isn't much of a milestone for either people or dogs but if you show dogs, it marks the passage from the 6-9 month class into the 9-12. Moxie and the rest of our Blue Suede litter just recently turned 9 months of age so today, I thought it was time to take my first formal portraits of dear Ms. Moxie. I set up the studio somewhat informally so as not to psyche her out too much, put her favorite overstuffed chair in it and covered it with my backdrop. She initially wasn't thrilled about climbing into the chair and then she realized it was "her" chair and climbed up and got real comfortable. Here are two of my favorites from today's shoot.

We worked for about 30 minutes and she never tried to get up. She baits for photos the same way Sundance does and the way Rowdy used to: I shoot with the right hand and hold a Milkbone in my left. She'll follow that Milkbone wherever I move it. It's great because you can move her head and eyes as much or as little as you want. I was very proud of my little model. All 80+ lbs. of her!

Enjoy,

Jim
Posted By: psmith

Re: Moxie At 9 Months Of Age - 08/21/10 08:07 PM

Beautiful pup, and beautiful image. She's a real looker.

Re: Moxie At 9 Months Of Age - 08/22/10 12:05 AM

Thank you, Preston. She's getting there. We're actually very proud of how she's growing up. She's pretty; she's sweet; she's pookie ; but she is the most loving puppy we've ever had the pleasure of putting on this earth. The kid has potential from a show standpoint. Needs to learn how to be a real show dog. My job to teach her. What amazes me is what she learns without any formal training. The things that come down on those chromosomes are truly incredible!!!

Jim
Posted By: Jim Poor

Re: Moxie At 9 Months Of Age - 08/22/10 12:50 AM

Beautiful. I especially like the first one.
Posted By: NinaS

Re: Moxie At 9 Months Of Age - 08/22/10 03:15 AM

beautiful model ... keep the pics coming
Posted By: James Morrissey

Re: Moxie At 9 Months Of Age - 08/22/10 02:55 PM

Agreed! Great photos, Jim.

James

Re: Moxie At 9 Months Of Age - 08/22/10 09:33 PM

Thanks guys. I'm delighted with how she's maturing and especially with how she adapts to the studio. As I've said, she's kinda pookie and new things can throw her. But she was incredible for the shoot. And today, we got one of our girls from the Sundance litter back for a few months while mom works out some divorce issues. Moxie welcomed Cali into the house and has been playing with her non-stop for the last 2 hours. And Cali, bless her sweet soul, is having a blast playing with Moxie. They are now both laying at my feet here next to the computer panting, smiling and looking as if they've been swimming. Sundance has been playing with them, too. He's delighted someone else is getting chewed on .

Jim
Posted By: StarrLight

Re: Moxie At 9 Months Of Age - 08/30/10 04:11 AM

Aww, such a pretty girl. I remember when you posted this litter.

Diana
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum