The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

Hi! Newbie here

Posted By: lovieking

Hi! Newbie here - 09/20/10 08:01 PM

Hi Everyone,
I've been lurking here for a few days before joining. I found this forum through Bev Hollis' blog and I'm so glad I did! There are some amazing photographers on here, wow! I look forward to getting to know you all and seeing your work.

A little about me, my name is Lovie, I started in photography when I purchased my camera in January of this year. I did buy my first SLR in 2007 but then sold it to help pay tuition for nursing school. Now I'm an RN and decided to rekindle my passion for photography. Honestly, it would be a dream of mine to have a 'business' one day although my area is saturated with photographers so it hasn't been going too well. We just got our new fur baby, an Italian Greyhound exactly one month ago today and so I've been taking pictures of him like crazy. We just love the little guy! I think the niche of pet photography is so unique and Fun! I really would like to learn more and just get out there and do it. Last week I signed up for the class Bev, Teresa, and Barbara are going to be teaching in January and I'm *so* excited. Just a few of our little guy, Harley:

**ETA-I forgot to add this one, the most recent picture of him.:

I'm going to have to start begging others to let me photograph their dogs! I love doing this so much. My mom has two yorkies so they are next on my list to capture this week.;-)
Posted By: psmith

Re: Hi! Newbie here - 09/20/10 09:31 PM

Those are very, very nice. I really like your lighting and clean style. Very cute pup. Love those ears.
Posted By: Kelley216

Re: Hi! Newbie here - 09/20/10 11:39 PM

Welcome from another newbie! Love shot #2 of your little guy...he's adorable!
Posted By: Sunstruck

Re: Hi! Newbie here - 09/20/10 11:52 PM

Welcome Lovie! Lovely shots of the pup. He is cute as a button.
Posted By: Jim Poor

Re: Hi! Newbie here - 09/21/10 12:04 AM

Welcome! I especially like #2.
Posted By: James Morrissey

Re: Hi! Newbie here - 09/21/10 02:51 AM

Hi and welcome to the community!
Posted By: NinaS

Re: Hi! Newbie here - 09/21/10 03:06 AM

welcome aboard
Posted By: StephanieMillner

Re: Hi! Newbie here - 09/21/10 01:13 PM

Welcome! I have to say, I'm extremely impressed. Very nice soft style you have - better than a lot of "pros" I've seen! Cute little dog, too.
Posted By: Julie

Re: Hi! Newbie here - 09/21/10 05:58 PM

Very cute, love the simplicity of them
Posted By: Peggy Sue

Re: Hi! Newbie here - 09/21/10 07:26 PM

Welcome Lovie, love the name! Hope to see more of your images and comments on others postings. Glad you decided to join us.
Posted By: lovieking

Re: Hi! Newbie here - 09/22/10 02:32 PM

Thank you all for such a warm welcome! :-)
Posted By: rpcrowe

Re: Hi! Newbie here - 09/22/10 11:39 PM

Welcome! Very nice images of a very cute dog...
Posted By: StarrLight

Re: Hi! Newbie here - 10/20/10 12:28 AM

Welcome to the forum! I know I'm late on this one, and the images seem to be gone (?).

Diana
Posted By: Marie Mitchell Photography

Re: Hi! Newbie here - 10/20/10 11:44 AM

Hi there, love your images!
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum