The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

Hello, from sunny Oklahoma/Arizona/England

Posted By: sammis

Hello, from sunny Oklahoma/Arizona/England - 09/29/10 06:28 PM

Hi,

My name is Heather and I am a pet photographer. I started my business January of this year and have been living in Oklahoma for the past two years. We will be in Arizona for the rest of the year before moving across the big pond to England.
Posted By: Jim Poor

Re: Hello, from sunny Oklahoma/Arizona/England - 09/29/10 06:53 PM

Where in AZ? Huachuca?

Re: Hello, from sunny Oklahoma/Arizona/England - 09/29/10 06:55 PM

Yes, Ft. Huachuca.

Re: Hello, from sunny Oklahoma/Arizona/England - 09/29/10 06:58 PM

You must get out to see the hummingbirds then.

I managed to photograph 13 species in one day at Ash Canyon B&B. Then, the Elegant Trogan in Garden Canyon on post will probably be back too.

Re: Hello, from sunny Oklahoma/Arizona/England - 09/29/10 07:43 PM

That's awesome Jim! What lens did you use? When was the best time to go out there looking for them?

Re: Hello, from sunny Oklahoma/Arizona/England - 09/29/10 08:07 PM

There are at least some year round, but during the spring and fall migration, you see a lot of different species. As Sierra V. sits right on the migratory path.

Ash Canyon B&B has a website that lists what's up. The owner was in pretty poor health, so it may not even be up and running now. There is another B&B right up the road and at a bit higher elevation. The owners are not as nice though, but you can see some rarities there that don't go lower. I think the name of it is Beaty's Guest Ranch or something similar.

I was using a 600mm f/4 at the time, but you can do with less at some of those places. There are lots and lots of other locations and other birds to see.

AZBIRDLIST puts out recent sightings.

Re: Hello, from sunny Oklahoma/Arizona/England - 09/29/10 08:36 PM

AWesome!!! Thank you so much. I hope I can catch some with my 70-200.
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum