The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

A Whippet

Posted By: sammis

A Whippet - 10/05/10 12:35 PM

I was getting photos of Basenjis. Well the owner had just gotten this Whippet due to one of our friends passing and I just snapped this quick picture of him.

Posted By: James Morrissey

Re: A Whippet - 10/05/10 11:40 PM

Hey Heather,

I love it! Curiously, did you exaggerate the background blur? I think the angle is great.

James

Re: A Whippet - 10/06/10 02:47 AM

The only thing I did to the background was add contrast to the darks and shadows in lightroom.
Posted By: NinaS

Re: A Whippet - 10/06/10 04:27 AM

priceless expression
agree, the background is distracting, maybe soften it up a bit? I think the dog would literally jump out of the image if it didn't have to compete with the background
Posted By: Julie

Re: A Whippet - 10/06/10 12:00 PM

I think it is an adorable expression and very cute whippet. I wouldn't exaggerate the color of his eyes, as it makes them look lighter and oranger than they probably are. If it is a show bred whippet, it will be worse issue than race bred. If the person is purely a pet person, it probably won't matter. Is he a blue fawn?

Re: A Whippet - 10/06/10 12:14 PM

Okay, I will try and soften the background and see what you all think. The poor dog just lived in a crate most of his life before my friend got him and he is a very shy dog.

Julie, I didn't do anything to his eyes. I don't know my whippet colors so I'm not sure what he is.

Re: A Whippet - 10/06/10 12:16 PM

Is this better or would you lighten the background more?

Posted By: Jenfroh

Re: A Whippet - 10/11/10 02:51 PM

Love the clarity and the colors! Beautiful!
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum