The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

Holiday fund-raiser theme

Posted By: Jim Poor

Holiday fund-raiser theme - 10/27/10 02:14 PM

Starring our very own Snowball.

Posted By: Marski

Re: Holiday fund-raiser theme - 10/28/10 02:21 AM

Excellent! Reminds me of a December 1960 Playboy, er I mean, Playdog centerfold look!

Lamar
Posted By: PossumCorner

Re: Holiday fund-raiser theme - 10/31/10 10:05 PM

Oh heck, as well as being a lovely shot of Snowball, it reminds me that my Christmas-theme fundraiser which will combine six rescue groups needs organising. Thanks for this shot Jim, I'm going to have to come up with something I can do outdoors, with some props and background.

If anyone has fund-raiser shots of dogs/people with Santa I'd be grateful to see any, to see that it is do-able, and give me some inspiration. The day is being advertised wider than I thought - no idea of numbers of dogs to expect.

Re: Holiday fund-raiser theme - 10/31/10 11:08 PM

I've done a Santa event each year for the last three.

I'll find a couple samples when I head back to the office tomorrow.

The key is getting a "Santa" that knows dogs. Even better if you get one who is also a photographer like I had last year. It was heaven.
Posted By: James Morrissey

Re: Holiday fund-raiser theme - 11/01/10 03:18 AM

Hey Jim,

That's great. We are doing three holiday events this year - December 3, 4, and 5th. It is going to be exhausting.

James

Re: Holiday fund-raiser theme - 11/02/10 12:18 PM

Jim thanks for that - look forward to seeing them, it's probably worrying me out of proportion. The Santa is a dog person, but not a photographer.

And Julie, thanks for putting Sony into a corner of my mind years ago. And JimG, thanks for words way back on shooting one-handed and throwing an 'ears up' toy with the other. I found the Nikon just too heavy for me single-handed, so have invested in one of the new Sony A55 cameras for the purpose. Just an amazing small DSLR, I am smitten with its new-tech features.

We have only taken on two events for November: but one is a two-day flyball tournament, so I'm going to call it three.

Re: Holiday fund-raiser theme - 11/04/10 01:42 PM

Sorry it took a while, but I've been swamped. A good thing I suppose.

Here are three including one wide shot showing the area.

Forgive the flaws as they are SOOC aside from conversion.

It's a 3-light set up with the BG illuminated from the rear.

This year were' going to be even more crowded so I'm going with a blue BG, one light with a large PLM and one extra light with a snoot for dark dogs.

Re: Holiday fund-raiser theme - 11/07/10 07:54 AM

Just what I wanted Jim, many thanks. It gives me some perspective idea, and as it will be outside, much like the shoot James has just done in the Park. I will take one or two bales of hay or straw to put beside Santa to hold props and for dogs and/or owners to sit on.
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum