The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

I wonder what breed...

Posted By: rpcrowe

I wonder what breed... - 11/16/10 01:40 AM

We just received this darling 10 month old female as a foster in our Maltese Rescue program. She is a sweetheart and we think that she is a Maltese cross. However, crossed with what breed is the question!

She has gigantic Chihuahua looking ears but, I don;t think she is a Chihuahua mix. She was shaved down by the shelter and is just starting to regrow her coat. Once the coat is in, her ears probably won't look so big.

We call her Betty Rabbit because of her ears. What mixture do you think that she might be? She is different looking but we think that she is pretty cute. She has a marvelously playful and loving disposition and will make someone a nice pet.

The shelter had her listed as aggressive and vicious but, she was just scared. She has been gentle and loving with us and gets along just fine with the many other dogs who live with us.

Posted By: Julie

Re: I wonder what breed... - 11/16/10 01:55 AM

Maybe some westie in there?
Posted By: James Morrissey

Re: I wonder what breed... - 11/16/10 05:16 AM

That's what I was thinking. Certainly the cut is right.

James
Posted By: Jim Garvie

Re: I wonder what breed... - 11/16/10 01:20 PM

Westie or Cairn I'd guess.

Jim
Posted By: Lesley

Re: I wonder what breed... - 11/16/10 06:06 PM

I concurr with you all ... Westie! Very cute pup!
Posted By: CopperCat

Re: I wonder what breed... - 11/17/10 03:23 AM

I can't tell if it is just the lighting, but if those are golden tones in her coat, I am going to stick my neck out and say Yorkie. (that is also assuming her coat is as silky as it looks and not wiry) Maltese and Westies are both usually solid white, and I have seen many Yorkies with ears like that! Whatever she is, she is adorable!
Posted By: Julie

Re: I wonder what breed... - 11/21/10 12:01 PM

I could totally see it being Yorkie too. Very "yorkie-ish" face
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum