The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

just a few from yesterday

Posted By: NinaS

just a few from yesterday - 11/29/10 03:15 PM

very rare that dogs actually come to my studio ... but yesterday was poo in the studio day LOL (literally)

every year I donate a session & prints to a few of my fav charaties for their fundraisers

this duo's coupon was about to expire ... after about 5 mins and 1/4 bag of treats, they learned enough sit/stay to get their portraits taken, but not enough to sit/stay and look at the camera LOL (that might have taken another day of training)

they had been found wandering around town, were microchipped so when animal control contacted their owners, the owners said they'd be right down ... NOT ... after repeated calls to them, they were labeled abandoned and put up for adoption as a pair

these guys are agility dogs (retired, running or in training) and came down from Seattle for their session

Jester

Ben - he's 12 and the reason for the family portrait

Jake - he's Ben's personal assistant & best friend

Ami - she keeps the boys young, or at least tries to LOL

and, of course, my missEllie
Posted By: Jim Poor

Re: just a few from yesterday - 11/29/10 04:02 PM

Very nicely done.
Posted By: Welshfilly

Re: just a few from yesterday - 11/29/10 05:54 PM

Thanks for sharing your photos, I enjoyed seeing them.
Posted By: YvetteH

Re: just a few from yesterday - 11/29/10 11:54 PM

Really nice pics. Thanks for sharing.
Posted By: psmith

Re: just a few from yesterday - 11/30/10 01:47 AM

Nice series, Nina.
Posted By: Sunstruck

Re: just a few from yesterday - 11/30/10 02:53 PM

Great portraits Nina!
Posted By: Loueen

Re: just a few from yesterday - 12/01/10 01:31 PM

All great photos. I'm sure these will help this abandoned pair find a home. Although...the smaller of the pair looks like trouble LOL!!
Posted By: StarrLight

Re: just a few from yesterday - 12/02/10 09:51 PM

Really cute. The window backdrop is a good idea. Was that little black dog all trimmed down or was his coat like that? he is especially cute.

Diana
Posted By: NinaS

Re: just a few from yesterday - 12/03/10 04:16 AM

the window backdrop? the gold/yellow thing? that's a muslin

I have a wall of muslins separating my lobby from my main studio, so the top 5 or 6 are hanging there ... if we want the extra space or want to drive a car in, we cah slide the muslins aside (like you do with curtains)

I'm pretty sure the black dog was trimmed/groomed before coming ... and it was his new parents who purchased the session at a fundraiser ... so they have their new forever home
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum