The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

Recent work

Posted By: julief

Recent work - 12/05/10 11:28 AM

Haven't posted in a long while. Trying to ramp up my photo sales. Been out of work for over a year. Getting a lot of interest in more arty shots like these.

Stormy - 3 year old boy (that I bred). Taken during an end of life shoot for his older brother. 40D, 50mm, 580 EX II with softbox.

Annie - 4 year old. Taken outside at an agility trial in terrible light with 580 EX II on camera. Christmas present for her husband. I preferred the version without the name, but the owner liked this one.

Posted By: Julie

Re: Recent work - 12/05/10 04:45 PM

The second one would be awesome for a 2 page ad. Have the half face as the lead in and then a regular ad for the second.

Artsy shots are hit and miss, either people LOVE them or they do not.
Posted By: James Morrissey

Re: Recent work - 12/06/10 05:44 AM

Hey Julie,

Glad to see you are around!! How have you found pushing the pet photography?

Cheers
James

PS I like both images a lot. Nicely done.
Posted By: julief

Re: Recent work - 12/06/10 10:57 AM

Thanks Julie & James. You're right, Julie. I had one person ask me where the rest of the dog was.

Things are moving slowly. Haven't had a lot of money to put into any type of advertising. I like doing portrait work, but it seems to be hard to get "show" people to realize the difference between a $30 show win shot and the cost of more upscale shots. And, the economy isn't helping. Have a lot of people want me to do shots without paying, but they will use them on their Facebook or in advertising as "advertising" for me. If I had a nickel for everyone of those I head, I'd be rich. Did a couple ads for the Great Dane Gazette, so that may open some doors for that. One of them is the owner of Annie. When I talk to her, I'll push the idea of using the half face shot as a lead in. Good idea, Julie.
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum