The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

dogs, dogs, and, oh yeah, more dogs

Posted By: NinaS

dogs, dogs, and, oh yeah, more dogs - 12/06/10 01:24 PM

from my recent trip to Seattle ...

a home full of Border Terriers ... these dogs are sooo dang cute

then on to Poodle Mania ... honestly, I lost count after 15 or 20
all were black, except one chocolate puppy ... oldest was 17 ... all the same size, most with the same haircut ...

then, in the middle of all those poodles was this gal

after a day of poodles, I stopped by north Seattle to pick up my new foster dog for aussierescuenw.org
Posted By: James Morrissey

Re: dogs, dogs, and, oh yeah, more dogs - 12/07/10 01:40 PM

Hey Nina,

These are great - I think that the chocolate lab and Bandit are my favorite though. Are you sure that Bandit is a foster? LOL, that looks like the 'keeper image.'

James
Posted By: Sunstruck

Re: dogs, dogs, and, oh yeah, more dogs - 12/07/10 01:45 PM

Lovely photos Nina! I love the Border Terrier photos. Adorable. Good luck with Bandit!

Re: dogs, dogs, and, oh yeah, more dogs - 12/07/10 03:11 PM

Bandit could easily be a "keeper" but he has two things against him ... he's a boy, and I don't like owning boys, and he's a full size aussie, I have a 17" mini, and she's the perfect size, plus I rent, so big dogs are harder to find rentals with LOL
pretty lame excuses, I know, which is why I foster full size aussie boys, then I can't keep them

Penny, it was sooooo hard not to slip one of those BTs in my pocket, they're all agility & obedience champions too LOL
Posted By: Julie

Re: dogs, dogs, and, oh yeah, more dogs - 12/07/10 05:26 PM

border terriers are such funny dogs. I really like them. Do poodles have different/flatter feet or is it just the way the hair cut makes them look?

Re: dogs, dogs, and, oh yeah, more dogs - 12/08/10 05:34 AM

not sure, I do know the show cut stud, we went out in the grass for some pics to hide his feet LOL

the last poodle (laying down) is a titled agility dog, the chocolate poodoo will be an agility dog, and the show cut is the dad of the two pups
Posted By: rpcrowe

Poodle feet... - 12/18/10 01:27 AM

I think it is the way that some poodles feet are clipped.

I brought my Goldendoodle, Holly, to the groomer and asked the owner specifically not to give Holly a Poodle foot cut (I guess that there actually is such a term). Anyway, her groomer heard snippets of the conversation and interpreted it to mean that I wanted Poodle feet and as they say, "The rest is history".

By the way it only takes about two months for the feet to grow back in.
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum