The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

Meet Alex

Posted By: Jim Poor

Meet Alex - 12/09/10 01:51 PM

Saved from death row by a local rescue and adopted by his fosters.

Posted By: Sunstruck

Re: Meet Alex - 12/09/10 04:17 PM

What a handsome boy! Have you perfected your Plexiglass? Lovely shot. I wonder how that would look on top of the black velvet I have. Hmmm ideas! How do you keep the dust off it?

Re: Meet Alex - 12/09/10 04:21 PM

I think Plexi would look great over black.

I don't keep the dust off it, but it's not as bad a velvet!

I wipe it off before each session, but I still end up retouching a lot of stray hairs from the surface.

I need a bigger piece or a couple pieces like with tile board.

Re: Meet Alex - 12/09/10 05:42 PM

I bet that using the Plexi would help keep the velvet clean too. I'll try tonight and play around. I have a nice big piece of plexi I had brought home for some project or other I never got around to doing!

How did you overcome the edge of the plexi reflecting the light and giving you a straight line in the background?

If they come out decent, I'll post some pics.Do you spray the plexi with an anti static spray before hand? We used to sell some, but have not carried it in years.

Re: Meet Alex - 12/09/10 06:17 PM

Quote:

How did you overcome the edge of the plexi reflecting the light and giving you a straight line in the background?

"Content aware healing." ;-)

Re: Meet Alex - 12/09/10 07:30 PM

Gotta love CS5!
Posted By: James Morrissey

Re: Meet Alex - 12/10/10 01:20 AM

Hey Jim,

Very nicely done. I also like the background choice. It reminds me of Superman somehow (LOL, yes, I know, wierd association).

James
Posted By: Lesley

Re: Meet Alex - 12/10/10 02:33 PM

Really nice shot... love the plexi!
Posted By: Scott Flaherty

Re: Meet Alex - 01/03/11 02:28 PM

Even when I photograph pets on white or black seamless, I still have to do a lot of cleanup in post. They just drop a lot of fur regardless of the surface material they are on. So I stopped worrying about that a long time ago.

By the way . . . nice shot of this handsome fellow.
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum