The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

The Kids In The Yard

Posted By: Jim Garvie

The Kids In The Yard - 02/09/11 01:15 PM

Well, we're still moving into the new place, painting walls, upgrading electrical and lots of other stuff but the new, big back yard has become quite a hit with the dogs. Yesterday, I watched a typical Sundance/Moxie session. It usually starts with Sundance spotting Moxie across the yard and then going into "THE STALK".

Moxie spots Sundance, and the game begins!

Once they meet in the center of the yard, they're off!!

Ironically, it's always Moxie chasing Sundance. But, ultimately, she always gets her man.

After the romp, Moxie in a more contemplative moment. Moxie is 14 months old.

We're working hard every day but we're also having fun. The guys absolutely love the room to run. And it's great fun watching them.

Jijm
Posted By: James Morrissey

Re: The Kids In The Yard - 02/10/11 03:45 AM

Great series, Jim. I particularly like the shot of Moxie chewing on Sundance! Great shot - and a fun series. Honestly though, Jim, I don't envy you at all. It sounds like you are doing a lot of work on the house. Good luck with it all.

James

Re: The Kids In The Yard - 02/10/11 08:13 PM

Thanks James. The best time to do major work is before you get everything moved in and that works double for painting. But we're getting there. Two more rooms to go. Then we can relax and just enjoy being here.

Jim
Posted By: Sunstruck

Re: The Kids In The Yard - 02/11/11 01:20 PM

The kids look like they love their new back yard. Lots of room to romp in. Good luck with the remodeling, that's never fun. All the little nitpicky things are a pain, outlet covers, switches, etc.
Posted By: psmith

Re: The Kids In The Yard - 02/12/11 04:47 AM

Moxie has turned into quite the looker Jim. Nice series.

Re: The Kids In The Yard - 02/12/11 01:45 PM

Preston,
she's an evil puppy smile! But she's cute as a button, loving and growing up to be a very pretty girl. Watching her and Sundance running full-tilt around the full acre is such fun. I stand in the kitchen making morning coffee and just smile a lot. Hope to get some new, "beauty shots" of her this weekend which I'll share.

PS, how's the weather in Altoona?

Jim
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum