The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

Tegan - Smooth Collie

Posted By: James Morrissey

Tegan - Smooth Collie - 04/16/11 06:18 PM

Hey Everyone,

Here are a few shots of a Smooth Coated Collie that I photographed. Her name is Tegan.

Cheers
James

Posted By: Marie Mitchell Photography

Re: Tegan - Smooth Collie - 04/17/11 09:25 AM

Beautiful shots, James. Pretty dog too.

Re: Tegan - Smooth Collie - 04/22/11 06:13 AM

Thank you, Marie!

James

Re: Tegan - Smooth Collie - 05/30/11 06:38 PM

Hey Folks,

Are these images washed out as well when you see them?

James
Posted By: rabhobbes

Re: Tegan - Smooth Collie - 05/30/11 07:11 PM

Yeah, maybe a little bit. I can also see some "not quite black" backdrop in the first one. smile Cute dog.
Posted By: Peggy Sue

Re: Tegan - Smooth Collie - 05/30/11 07:12 PM

Lovely shots James. Not washed out from my viewing. My favorite is the full body. I like the unusaly perspective.
One comment is that I would like to see a little more background light behind this pup, especially the ear area. The tipped ear is important in this breed and I just would like to see the fold a bit more.
Lovely dog too!
Posted By: Jim Poor

Re: Tegan - Smooth Collie - 05/31/11 02:18 PM

The first looks fine. The second two look all pixelated and blotchy almost like the image file is corrupted.
Posted By: Jim Poor

Re: Tegan - Smooth Collie - 05/31/11 02:20 PM

This is what I see on the second one:

Re: Tegan - Smooth Collie - 06/01/11 04:09 AM

Thanks, Jim. That is what I thought. I have no idea what is going on with the files on my end. At first I assumed it was just the color space issue, but there is something else that is really odd going on.

James

Re: Tegan - Smooth Collie - 06/01/11 04:11 AM

Thanks Rebecca and Peggy!

BTW, Peggy - the backlight perhaps could have used a bit more 'oomph.' The other problem, of course, is that I was working quick and the beastie had moved. frown Having said that, I liked the gentle light on the back ground to give a sense of depth...not quite what like Preston, Diana and Helmi do, but on that order.

James
Posted By: psmith

Re: Tegan - Smooth Collie - 06/01/11 07:15 PM

The first one looks great, the second and third look awful on Firefox. They look fine on my iPad. Jim's example looks horrible on all my devices.
Posted By: Tucson Jim

Re: Tegan - Smooth Collie - 06/01/11 10:38 PM

Originally Posted By: James Morrissey
Thanks, Jim. That is what I thought. I have no idea what is going on with the files on my end. At first I assumed it was just the color space issue, but there is something else that is really odd going on.

James

James:

I use Firefox and the first one displays fine but the next two are washed out.

When I viewed the post in Internet Explorer, they all displayed correctly. Went back and checked the Aguereberry Point - Death Valley sunset shot in IE and that one displayed correctly too. Is this a web browser issue?

Tucson Jim
Posted By: Peggy Sue

Re: Tegan - Smooth Collie - 06/02/11 08:05 AM

Curiosity got the best of me so I looked at the images via Foxfire and the first is lovely but like the rest of you the second two are not as good.
Strange....
At first I only saw one image but after I wrote a comment and submitted it the second two showed up.
Posted By: Sue Deutscher

Re: Tegan - Smooth Collie - 07/28/11 07:47 AM

Originally Posted By: James Morrissey
Hey Folks,

Are these images washed out as well when you see them?

James

Yes, all but the top.
Posted By: tuts

Re: Tegan - Smooth Collie - 08/24/11 08:47 PM

I like the first edit of the collie, but the second ones look fuzzy. I really like this type of dog!
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum