The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

This one tried to eat me!

Posted By: Jim Poor

This one tried to eat me! - 05/02/11 12:55 AM

The combination of beard, hat and laying on the ground must have been just too much because he really did want to eat me.

We had to stop the session and managed to work him to the point of climbing in my lap to give me kisses, but it was touch and go there for a bit. Being a trainer with an apprenticeship to a behaviorist has its advantages when it comes to dealing with some dogs.

Posted By: James Morrissey

Re: This one tried to eat me! - 05/02/11 03:24 AM

Hey Jim,

Very nice photo - really rich and vibrant colors. Nicely done. Curiously, mind if I ask how you are lighting these out-door shots?

Cheers
James

Re: This one tried to eat me! - 05/02/11 11:21 AM

Thanks James.

This one was back-lit by the sun with just a touch of on axis fill flash on camera.

I've been pondering the idea of one of the Alien Bee ring lights with a Vagabond Mini and either hand holding or using a small light tripod for some of these.
Posted By: psmith

Re: This one tried to eat me! - 05/02/11 02:18 PM

He has a white thing growing out of his ear.

Re: This one tried to eat me! - 05/02/11 02:19 PM

Otherwise, very nice Jim.

Re: This one tried to eat me! - 05/02/11 04:24 PM

LoL. Actually, it's growing out of the base of his spine laugh

I considered other shots with the tail hidden, but this one is much more representative of the dog's personality and that ever-wagging tail.

Re: This one tried to eat me! - 05/02/11 08:44 PM

Jim, it drives me nuts. I get it all the time.
Posted By: StarrLight

Re: This one tried to eat me! - 05/03/11 05:42 AM

Really like this shot, great color and light, and the pup has some real attitude. That's a terrier for you. smile
Posted By: Jim Garvie

Re: This one tried to eat me! - 05/03/11 04:34 PM

Jim,
I've been shooting dogs since 2000 -- including 7 Rottie Nationals and 1 Doberman National -- and the only dog that has ever actually bitten me was a Parson Russell Terrier 5 seconds after he gave me kisses. Looked me straight in the eye and nipped my cheek. Wasn't mad at me or being vicious; it was just his "unique" way of expressing his affection for me smile. These are tough little guys who were bred to hunt red fox. They are totally fearless with incredible drive.

Jim
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum