The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

I have Failed!

Posted By: Peggy Sue

I have Failed! - 07/13/11 12:47 AM

Yes, I will admit it. I am a foster failure. First time and fast. This little guy came to stay with us for a while and he has become a permanent resident of our family. He is a Kooikerhondje and is four years old.

He is very sensitive and is beginning to feel comfortable now. Especially now that the fireworks have ended. When the thunderstorms slow down I am sure he will be a happy camper.

I photographed him when he was a puppy and his owner had just flown to Sweden to get him.

Posted By: Greg D

Re: I have Failed! - 07/13/11 09:01 AM

I think you could have done much worse!

He looks like a great dog and thank you for sharing those pictures.

Cheers and thanks for adopting.

Greg
Posted By: Marie Mitchell Photography

Re: I have Failed! - 07/13/11 09:43 AM

Looks like you scored instead of failed! LOL!
I've never heard of that breed before. Beautiful dog, and you have captured him well!
Posted By: Jim Garvie

Re: I have Failed! - 07/13/11 03:01 PM

Adorable! PeggySue, in Rescue, your objective is to always find the best home for the dogs you foster and sometimes, the best one is your very own. Our rescue girl, Marion Louise, who left us last year at 13 years old was one of those. Keeping her was one of the best things we've ever done. She was an incredible dog. Good luck with Rennen. Can't wait to see more photos.

Jim
Posted By: Sunstruck

Re: I have Failed! - 07/13/11 04:08 PM

I think that is an occupational hazard of fostering. You end up adopting at least one of your fosters. We ended up keeping our first foster also. laugh

What a beautiful dog. I hope you post more photos of him.
Posted By: Jim Poor

Re: I have Failed! - 07/13/11 04:12 PM

What a DOLL!
Posted By: James Morrissey

Re: I have Failed! - 07/13/11 07:14 PM

Hey Peggysue,

This is a great thread - thanks for sharing! These are such wonderful stories. Anyway - beautiful photographs as well!

James

Re: I have Failed! - 07/14/11 01:13 AM

Thanks all for the encouragement on fostering and aquiring. I never had a small dog like this nor have I ever had a male dog (intact no less). The challenges are different than raising a puppy but the speed of his learning and eagerness to please is super.

Funny how so many people feel dogs bond better than bitches but bonding is not a issue right now since Rennen's nick name is Glue. Maybe it is a boy thing - lol

I am so proud of so many caring people on this forum. You guys are all so super for having such big hearts! Kudos
Posted By: psmith

Re: I have Failed! - 07/14/11 01:08 PM

Pretty puppy, great portraits, wonderful story.
Posted By: As I see it

Re: I have Failed! - 08/02/11 08:04 AM

I don't see any "failure" here at all - beautiful photos, a truly gorgeous dog (such a cute puppy) and such a happy story - well done.

Re: I have Failed! - 08/02/11 04:58 PM

Thanks Lisa and welcome aboard. I love the image you have as your profile picture. Looking forward to viewing your work.
Posted By: StarrLight

Re: I have Failed! - 08/22/11 05:45 AM

Great photos, happy dog. wink
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum