The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

Burmese Mountain Dog

Posted By: DanM

Burmese Mountain Dog - 09/06/11 07:44 PM

Havent posted for a while but been looking at all the great images. This is one from a recent pet shoot.

Posted By: James Morrissey

Re: Burmese Mountain Dog - 09/07/11 03:01 AM

Hey Dan,

Glad to see you are around! Burmese Mountain Dogs are some of my favorites of the big breeds. Great temperments - and the puppies are absolutely adorable.

James
Posted By: Yukonica

Re: Burmese Mountain Dog - 09/07/11 04:18 AM

Bernese Mountain Dogs are named for the canton of Bern in Switzerland.
thank you.
I agree: they are adorable as puppies.
Posted By: DanM

Re: Burmese Mountain Dog - 09/07/11 07:17 AM

Ok my bad a slip of the keyboard its defo a 'N' let's hope the owner doesn't find out..lol
Posted By: Jim Garvie

Re: Burmese Mountain Dog - 09/07/11 01:31 PM

On the other hand, it could be a variety that was bred in Burma to hunt Pythons smile. The Bernese Mt. Dog is a large, powerful breed that has many of the genealogical components that Rottweilers have. While they are large and fluffy, they are not to be taken lightly. Berners are not Golden Retrievers. They are tough dogs that were bred to do a lot of the things Rotties were bred to do: pull carts, protect stock from predators and protect their owners. Personally, I love them and almost bought one just before we got Rowdy. After I interviewed a number of them, we chose to get another Rottie and we will never regret that decision. But, I still love 'em.

Jim
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum