The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

My collie

Posted By: Kelley216

My collie - 10/18/11 01:37 AM

I took our collie out for about 2 hrs a few weekends ago just to go sightseeing. She is my most willing subject. She will be 3 this December. Her name is Jenna.

[img:center][/img]

Posted By: DonParrot

Re: My collie - 10/18/11 08:36 AM

I really like your approach - and your shots. Instead of a dog with a blurered background, you give us landscape with a dog. Really makes me think.
Posted By: Jim Garvie

Re: My collie - 10/18/11 09:18 PM

Kelley,
I kinda agree with Don's comment in that these shots incorporate the environment on an equal basis with the subject. To do that, you need to have an environment that works well with your subject and in this case, it really does. However, when you are truly focusing on the dog -- for a magazine cover for example -- letting the background go soft and dreamy while the dog is sharp and fully-detailed is a perfectly acceptable approach. But seeing your images has really opened my vision up to find locations that can be an equal part of my portraits. Thanks for sharing.

Jim
Posted By: Welshfilly

Re: My collie - 10/18/11 09:25 PM

Overall, I really like these images. Lovely dog and beautiful scenes.

Polly
Posted By: Kelley216

Re: My collie - 10/19/11 08:27 PM

Thank you for your comments and responses. These are the types of dog shots I prefer, although I have certainly taken ones up close of the dog with the background somewhat blurred. These are more my style smile
Posted By: James Morrissey

Re: My collie - 10/20/11 05:22 PM

Hey Kelley,

These are really quite good - all of them! You seem to have a knack for great composition.

James
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum