The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

My Springer Puppy

Posted By: Bob D.

My Springer Puppy - 10/28/11 11:13 PM

Hi everyone. I'm a new member here. Honestly I don't do much pet photography but I find it interesting. Thought I'd share a snap-shot of our new English Springer Spaniel puppy "Livy." This was snapped the day she came home at 9 weeks of age. I keep meaning to set-up and do a formal portrait but somehow keep procrastinating. At almost 5 months of age now I've missed the "cute" stage. Now she's in the awkward stage where she's pretty close to adult dimensions but lacks the long feathering that gives springers that aristocratic appearence.

Posted By: Jim Poor

Re: My Springer Puppy - 10/29/11 02:49 AM

She's a doll. Just look at those eyes!
Posted By: Peggy Sue

Re: My Springer Puppy - 10/29/11 01:33 PM

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new puppy. Darling! Looking forward to many more images.
Posted By: Jim Garvie

Re: My Springer Puppy - 10/29/11 01:41 PM

Welcome and Livy is darling. Springers are very sweet and very photogenic so you should have a lot of fun with her. Can't wait to see more current images.

Jim
Posted By: James Morrissey

Re: My Springer Puppy - 10/30/11 03:02 AM

Welcome, Bob!

James
Posted By: Bob D.

Re: My Springer Puppy - 10/30/11 09:47 PM

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.

Livy is not my first Springer. I've had two in the past, both showdogs. Livy has a very unremarkable pedigree, coming from a strickly pet home. Even so she is a sweetheart and has a very smooth, correct gait. She'll never be the queen of the ring but I'm enjoying her just the same.
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum