The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

Saying Goodbye

Posted By: spinround

Saying Goodbye - 12/07/11 08:22 PM

Hi,

I haven't posted here for a while but would like to change that. Two weeks ago I was taking promotional photos for my (then) foster dog, Stanley. While Stanley was taking a break, my big man Malibu jumped up to take his turn. Malibu loved to pose (and he was so very good at it) so I had to grab a couple of shots before getting back to Stanley.

Little did I know that this would be my last opportunity to photograph Malibu. A few days later he woke up and had no control over his hind end. We knew he was ill and the end was coming but we had no idea how sudden it would be when it happened. I'm so grateful to have one last picture to look back and remember my boy with.
Posted By: James Morrissey

Re: Saying Goodbye - 12/08/11 04:29 AM

Hi Eliza,

Beautiful photograph. I am sorry for your loss.

Sincerely,
James
Posted By: Jim Poor

Re: Saying Goodbye - 12/08/11 02:36 PM

It's never easy when our furry ones leave us. Beautiful photo to remember though.
Posted By: Jim Garvie

Re: Saying Goodbye - 12/09/11 01:30 AM

Great dog and wonderful image of that dog. You were blessed to have him. He was so very fortunate to have you. I'm sorry he's gone but applaud the life you gave him.

Hugs,

Jim
Posted By: Bob D.

Re: Saying Goodbye - 12/09/11 01:48 AM

It's so hard to lose such a trusted and loved friend. I'm so sorry for your loss. This is an event I worry about a lot. I have an almost 15 year old Pom and dread the day I know can't be far away.
Posted By: Kerri

Re: Saying Goodbye - 12/09/11 03:30 PM

I'm sorry for your loss. Your photo is beautiful, and so was he.
Posted By: spinround

Re: Saying Goodbye - 12/09/11 05:11 PM

Thank you all for the kind words. Someone else told me that they believed that our pets know when the end is near and have a way of saying goodbye and that this was Malibu's goodbye to me. I don't know if I believe in the mysticism but I am so glad I got the chance for one last image.
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum