The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

Casey's Stroll

Posted By: Mike VerVelde

Casey's Stroll - 08/28/12 07:26 PM

Its about time I switched over from a Guest to a member. Heres my first contribution. Background story of this image…

Our 16 yr old pup was just discovered to have cancer on Saturday. Thats on top of renal failure that has been slowly going and being maintained with meds. Yesterday we took her to the local park and I really wanted to get some good shots of her. She has always been very camera shy, and whenever I whip out the BIG EYE, she gives me the "Im watching you" suspicious look and runs off. This time, I was able to walk ahead, lie down in a shaded area and capture what is the best one Ive got of her after all these years! Her eyesight is going, so I used it to my advantage. whistle

Casey's stroll by MikePhoto63, on Flickr
Posted By: James Morrissey

Re: Casey's Stroll - 08/29/12 06:55 PM

Welcome, Mike, to the forum and thank you for the contribution. I am also sorry that your pup is sick. You did a really nice job with the photo. She is really a beautiful dog and looks great given her advanced age. I would never have guessed her for 16. She has a great looking smile and youthful expression on her face.

James
Posted By: Peggy Sue

Re: Casey's Stroll - 08/30/12 01:17 AM

Welcome Mike. The image you posted is lovely. I am sorry for the saddness. I would not guess there was a problem with your pup as I think the expression seems very relaxed. Beautiful dog and you are very lucky to have had her for so long.
Posted By: K.B. Photography

Re: Casey's Stroll - 08/30/12 11:26 PM

Beautiful dog and a wonderful capture.
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum