The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

Cool Cats

Posted By: Julie

Cool Cats - 07/27/06 12:22 PM

These are a couple of my friend's barn kittens. They were hanging out with me while I was shooting her puppies. If you sit with me too long, you get your picture taken

Posted By: Loopman

Re: Cool Cats - 07/28/06 09:19 PM

Nice portraits. I think the second image is the best. The first one is also very nice but I think I would like to see more of those eyes. I want to like the last image, but I want to know what the cat is looking at. :P

Lou
Posted By: PossumCorner

Re: Cool Cats - 07/29/06 08:13 AM

Julie I love No. 3 - the shape in the curve that continues on into the direction the kitten is looking, the focus and lighting, it all works, lovely shot.

Re: Cool Cats - 07/29/06 02:49 PM

I really liked the last one due to its almost monotone-ness. It was just something different for me to try

The first kitten just has cool eyes. It did NOT want its picture taken and I only snapped off a couple before it was gone. The second kitten I think is a nicer image, but, a little less interesting

I don't shoot cats often, and did these while in the middle of shooting The dane puppies. I think the kittens thought I was quite strange laying on my stomach on the porch
Posted By: James Morrissey

Re: Cool Cats - 07/31/06 04:17 AM

Hey Julie,

Thanks for sharing. I think the 2nd one is very nice, and I love the 3rd one. What aperture were you shooting it with?

-James
Posted By: christie king

Re: Cool Cats - 07/31/06 11:54 AM

Nice detail Julie - the 2nd shot is especially nice.

Re: Cool Cats - 07/31/06 01:56 PM

I think these were shot at f 2.8 and 50mm
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum