The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

Used Helmi's lighting pattern

Posted By: Julie

Used Helmi's lighting pattern - 10/11/06 06:02 PM

To set this up. These are not retouched beyond resizing and a hair of sharpening.

This is 41 days in whelp

Posted By: James Morrissey

Re: Used Helmi's lighting pattern - 10/12/06 02:13 AM

Hey Julie,

LOL, I almost asked if you had retouched these...but then I re-read your post. I must say that they look pretty darned impressive. Excellently lit.

James

Re: Used Helmi's lighting pattern - 10/12/06 12:20 PM

See how much info can be learned from here?? While the server was down, I was chomping at the bit to come back and look at the different lighting stuff. I really love how Helmi lights her stuff and set mine up very similar to hers. I didn't light the backdrop though, as it is ugly. Great when the dof is shallow though!

I think this will make a wonderful backdrop for my christmas portrait fundraiser

Re: Used Helmi's lighting pattern - 10/12/06 08:21 PM

Here are some more, same lighting pattern, with some big lot props(I love big lots)

Posted By: James Morrissey

Re: Used Helmi's lighting pattern - 10/13/06 05:52 PM

Hey Julie,

Very nice...looks like it will be very appropriate for your Christmas/Holiday shoot. I generally don't do many props in my shots, but I think it adds something very nice. The 2nd shot shows a great pose, BTW. I enjoy the 'aww shucks' kind of look to the image.

James

Re: Used Helmi's lighting pattern - 10/13/06 11:57 PM

Here is one with purple. I am trying my best to come up with interesting color combinations. This is pretty garish, but, definitely colorful.

What does this look like on your monitor. I have calibrated my laptop and my desktop and get VERY different looks

Posted By: Duane

Re: Used Helmi's lighting pattern - 10/17/06 01:38 PM

Excellent work Julie!

...though the pup looks a tad, um, confused...

Beautiful shots as always.
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum