The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

Intro

Posted By: mplonsky

Intro - 12/29/06 08:29 AM

My day job is not photography, although I do fund my hobby with sales of insect images - really

Anyhow, I am a lot more interested in dogs. I train them and am a k9 behavioral consultant. I am fascinated with and spend a lot of time studying their behavior.

Here are a couple of recent images of my two German shepherd dogs. The black boy dog is 5.5 years old and the sable bitch is 12.5 years old.

Posted By: Dee Dee

Re: Intro - 12/29/06 08:38 AM

These are really nice Mark! I looked at your web site too, you have some great shots there as well. I enjoyed looking through your Schutzhund photos, I have done some trials and the regionals this year(www.murryphotography.com, go to the events link if you'd like to see them). My mini longhaired dachshund got her BH this past summer. They did an article in our paper. Do you compete with your dogs?
http://www.deedeemurry.com/temporaries/hallie_article.htm
Posted By: mplonsky

Re: Intro - 12/31/06 01:45 AM

I don't think I have every heard of a Doxie getting a BH. Congrats on a neat accomplishment. Has Hallie done any of the AKC obedience?

Now for your website and art. They deserve another congrats. You have a lot of talent. I am inspired.

As for the photos from the regionals, they are cool and the lurecoursing, dock diving, and weightpulling images are a blast as well.

You are as hyperactive as a border collie.

You go girl!
Posted By: Dee Dee

Re: Intro - 12/31/06 03:54 AM

Thanks Mark!

"You are as hyperactive as a border collie."

LOL!! That is just the tip of the iceberg. Whenever anyone asks me what I do for a living, it's impossible to answer.

Hallie has her RN and 2 legs on her CD. She also has her CGC. We are going slow because I won't jump her. My last longhaired doxie had 44 OTCH points and was #1 hound group in obedience but at age 4 she had to have back surgery so I am being more careful this time around and not doing anything that involves jumping. Hallie loves to show, she's very animated and quick, she does a "happy spin" on every right turn, she just spins really fast and goes right back into heel position. Very cute but our first judge docked us 10 pts for each of the three spins, giving her a 170, would have had a perfect score if not for those spins. (still, I haven't tried to correct it it's too cute!)

Do you compete with your shepherds?

We've started tracking. I can't show her in breed or field trials because she is ILP'd, having come from an animal shelter.
Posted By: James Morrissey

Re: Intro - 01/02/07 05:41 AM

Hi Mark,

Excellent photographs - all very well done.

James
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum