The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

testing 1,2,3

Posted By: Peggy Sue

testing 1,2,3 - 01/21/07 05:04 AM

Hi
I am getting some new studio images printed and I would like to have some opinions as to which you would choose. This first pup was so fun to place in my tiny furniture. Which would you have enlarged? Thanks

All images copyright - P. S. Seehafer
Posted By: PossumCorner

Re: testing 1,2,3 - 01/21/07 09:34 AM

Quote:

Hi
... Which would you have enlarged? ...

Aw that's not fair, it's almost a Sophie's Choice. Easy reply though, all three! Your props are wonderful, is the little baby-carriage an antique? If I really had to choose I would go for the new-hatched pup: the colours of the basket and the eggs are lovely.
Posted By: James Morrissey

Re: testing 1,2,3 - 01/21/07 01:51 PM

Hey Peggysue,

Great shots, all. Though if I were to pick ONE, it would be the 2nd shot. I like the way the light is hitting the doggies face on it - in a way that it is not quite striking the 3rd or 1st. This is particularly so on the left side of the photo where the eye seems to get a bit lost. Having said this, I agree with PC...they are all very good compositions.

James
Posted By: Julie

Re: testing 1,2,3 - 01/21/07 02:26 PM

Peggy, these are all three REALLY good! I would have to put them in the order 2, 3 and then 1. All are wonderful though. I agree with James that it is the lighting in 2 that makes it

I love the soft glowy feel of the images. REally nice!
Posted By: Dee Dee

Re: testing 1,2,3 - 01/21/07 09:22 PM

What a hard choice! All three are adorable. I like the golder background color in 2 but I think I would pick the pose of 3, it's just so cute with the little paw hooked over the side there. 1 is great too though. Impossible to choose a favorite.

Re: testing 1,2,3 - 01/21/07 11:11 PM

Thank you for all the input. I really appreciate the help. I decided to go with a summer,fall, winter, spring theme and now I need to shoot this pup again!

Dee Dee, I know we talked briefly about setting up a challenge, like shooting pink??? I cannot find the thread that got us started but it might be fun to pick a theme, title, or something to challenge is to shoot and share.

I thought the other day about shooting the lack luster item to make it special. Or maybe we need to set something up that we could use as an advertising tool. Like a new look!!!

Anyone one want to take on a challenge?

I have a competion next month that has one entry that all have the same name - Delimma
This has been a tough challenge for me - but fun.

Re: testing 1,2,3 - 01/22/07 03:03 AM

LOL I love your solution Peggysue. It would have been impossible to choose one from these three!

I am always up for a good challenge! I too would like to "think outside the box", always striving for that in art and photos, something not the norm...if anyone else is up for an intersting challenge I'm game!
Posted By: James Morrissey

Re: testing 1,2,3 - 01/23/07 01:11 PM

I am up for a challenge as well. Name the topic - it should be fun!

James
Posted By: BAP

Re: testing 1,2,3 - 01/23/07 04:21 PM

Great images peggysue. I like them all, but I too think there is something special about #2. I really like the lighting. As for challenges. I think that is a great way to get people involved in this forum. I am definetly up for it.

Brian
Posted By: Tony Bynum

Re: testing 1,2,3 - 01/23/07 06:38 PM

name the toppic and the light sources . . .

Re: testing 1,2,3 - 01/24/07 12:21 AM

A challenge-

A weed!

Any light source you want- just try to make it an image that you could give for valentines day - not the typical roses!

Tony - your gate image was the start of this idea. Taking something like barbed wire and making it appealing is the basis of this idea. We all have weeds- just try to take a creative approach to an item we usually ignore.

Any takers? How about Feb 14 for the date of posting?

Re: testing 1,2,3 - 01/26/07 05:23 AM

I like it! I will do my best...anyone else?

Re: testing 1,2,3 - 01/26/07 11:24 PM

Great Dee Dee. I did post the challenge on the General forum rather than pet. Thought we might try to post some and see if more are on board with the challenge idea. Maybe the next one could include pets.
Cannot wait to see what you come up with!
Posted By: PossumCorner

Re: testing 1,2,3 - 01/27/07 09:22 AM

Okay we can do weeds - we can do without them too, but can't seem to achieve that challenge.
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum