The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

A Few dog images from my last shoot

Posted By: Gianchetta

A Few dog images from my last shoot - 01/30/10 11:29 PM

New to this forum. Thought I would share a few from my last dog shoot at a local pet resort. Thoughts welcome as always, Scott

Posted By: Jim Poor

Re: A Few dog images from my last shoot - 01/30/10 11:42 PM

Welcome aboard!

The puppies are really cute.

I REALLY like the processing in #3. I'd love to hear more about that.

The first one is cute, but there is some weirdness going on in the transition area between the background and the fuzzy flooring/table cover. The dog's left eye is a bit dark too.
Posted By: James Morrissey

Re: A Few dog images from my last shoot - 02/01/10 04:50 AM

Hi Scott,

Welcome to the forum. I want to echo Jim's thoughts. #2 and #3 are both very nice - though #3 is the real winner. I am also curious about how you post processed it. I just love the look.

The second shot of the puppies is really good. Having said that, this is the critique forum, and I am going to be knit-picky. The shot feels like the puppies are about to completely break on you and scatter into different directions. LOL, am I right, or were they just completely placid and I should sit down and just shut up?

The first one is nice, but I find that the shadow on the dog's face is in the 'not pronounced enough or too pronounced' area. Also, as Jim pointed out, the transition area between the rug and background looks a bit off.

Anyway, welcome! And please share a bit about the post processing on the boxer photo.

James
Posted By: James Morrissey

Re: A Few dog images from my last shoot - 02/01/10 04:45 PM

You know, I have just been re-looking at this, and I think my criticism of the puppy shot is too picayune - and I am not sure even accurate. LOL, how is that for a total recapitulation? I really like the shot.

James

Re: A Few dog images from my last shoot - 02/02/10 05:16 PM

Hi again Scott.

You do have some really nice work, but please do come back and engage with those of us who comment and ask questions.
Posted By: Gianchetta

Re: A Few dog images from my last shoot - 02/06/10 12:48 PM

Hey Jim,
Alot of my changes in post processing are with the shadow/highlights feature in photoshop to mess with the tonal contrast a bit. Other than that I dont do a lot of photoshop on them other than cleaning up the backdrops from hair and treat remnants from during the shoot. On all of these shots the lighting set up was a soft box to the left, a reflector to the right a hair lights in a 10x20 gridded softbox for the dark backdrop and obviously just background lights for the white backdrops. The same set up was used for the low key shot on my lab in the other post as well. Take care, Scott

Re: A Few dog images from my last shoot - 02/06/10 01:10 PM

Thanks Scott.
Posted By: HayleyFugatt

Re: A Few dog images from my last shoot - 03/08/10 05:42 PM

The last one with the boxer looks like faux HDR, to me. Or a lot of the "smart sharpen" filter tool. :]

Beautiful photographs. :]
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum