The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

Down and dirty

Posted By: K.B. Photography

Down and dirty - 10/28/11 10:36 PM

I have found that at times... It's just best to get down and dirty. I love the images I can capture when I get down on their level. Even if their level means laying on the ground beside a venomous snake.

Sub-Adult Cottonmouth
Posted By: Marie Mitchell Photography

Re: Down and dirty - 10/29/11 05:10 PM

Originally Posted By: K.B. Photography
I have found that at times... It's just best to get down and dirty. I love the images I can capture when I get down on their level. Even if their level means laying on the ground beside a venomous snake.

Sub-Adult Cottonmouth

You need to warn someone when you go to posting S.N.A.K.E pictures-this one almost bit me!!!

Re: Down and dirty - 10/29/11 08:17 PM

That one is tame... I could show you one looking down his throat.
Posted By: James Morrissey

Re: Down and dirty - 10/31/11 03:55 AM

I would love to see that one! How far away were you?

James

Re: Down and dirty - 10/31/11 10:26 PM

Looking down it's throat.

and laying on the ground beside one

And just for proof that Im as nutts as some folks claim... I'll give you a little demonstration.

To get this image

I had to do the following

And a closeup of the display on the camera to prove it...

Posted By: Bob D.

Re: Down and dirty - 10/31/11 10:33 PM

Quote:
And just for proof that Im as nutts as some folks claim...

I wouldn't call you "nutts." I've known a few snake wranglers over the years. Mind you I quickly turned down the offer of a free, newborn Egyptian Cobra, but I wouldn't call the folks that are into that kind of thing "nutts." wink

Besides, you presented some very ssssssssssspecail images here. (Sorry, couldn't resssssit!) smile

Re: Down and dirty - 10/31/11 11:02 PM

Originally Posted By: Bob D.
Quote:
And just for proof that Im as nutts as some folks claim...

I wouldn't call you "nutts." I've known a few snake wranglers over the years. Mind you I quickly turned down the offer of a free, newborn Egyptian Cobra, but I wouldn't call the folks that are into that kind of thing "nutts." wink

Besides, you presented some very ssssssssssspecail images here. (Sorry, couldn't resssssit!) smile

Egyptians are firecrackers. I refused to work with the one in my mentors collection. Everything else.... yeah. I wanna learn. I knew the Egyptian was above my skill level... just like the mambas are. Any other 'hot' out there I will tackle... expecially the north american varieties.
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum