The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

River Glow

Posted By: Johnnycb

River Glow - 01/01/12 04:37 PM

Haven't posted here in a long while.

Here is on I shot this fall in Oregon.

Posted By: Marty Everhard

Re: River Glow - 01/03/12 02:40 AM

Gret color and composition! The mirror image works great here.
Pink registers with the eye in the lower left third against the green and yellow. I like it!
Posted By: James Morrissey

Re: River Glow - 01/03/12 05:14 AM

Hey Johnny,

It is great to see you around! I particularly like the composition. However, I do have some issues with the exposure. The grass in the middle of the composition appears to be blown out - and it draws my eyes from the person fishing right to the grass, which is what I don't think you are attending.

You might want to consider doing this as one of Roman's HDR images - where we can compose one composite from two distinct jpgs (from one raw file).

James
Posted By: RomanJohnston

Re: River Glow - 01/03/12 02:40 PM

Composition – Good placement of the fisherwoman. The rocks at the bottom right is a little off. I just read in Outdoor photographer that if you think your close enough to your anchor point….get closer. 
Reflections are nice, but there is a bit of a tilt to the right of the entire feel of things. I would use the WARP tool in photo shop to bring up the right side of the bank a bit to not have that “listing to the right” feel. As was pointed out earlier, the exposure of the grass on the other side is pretty hot. This adds a bit to the composition being a bit off, as colors and brightness levels all play a role in the overall balance of a photo.
Exposure – Looks good, nice base exposure to capture both the highlights and the shadows. I am sure the grass on the other side can be toned down in a blend.
Post Processing – There seems to be a bit of a yellow cast to the entire scene. Not over the top, but enough to sap some of the punch out of all the colors. I might have played with two shot of this, one with a polarizer and one without and blending the two together. Keep the reflections on the water with the non polarizer shot, and tame the grasses, and the rocks in the foreground with the polarized shot. Just some suggestions.

I like the pink contrast quite a bit. All in all well done.

Roman
Posted By: Bullisot

Re: River Glow - 03/09/12 01:41 AM

human and nature = nice shot !!!
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum