The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

August/September Forum Contest - HEAT

Posted By: Diane

August/September Forum Contest - HEAT - 08/07/12 11:44 PM

I suppose I was supposed to start this, because no one else did. So, consider this the start of our latest contest. The topic is "Heat." You can interpret it any way you like, from images of fire, to hot beach sand, to steamy tea, whatever. It's up to you. I'm not sure about the time frame, but I guess the shooting could be starting August 1 and continue throughout the contest. Maybe it would end September 15. Does that sound about right to you all? I do need some feedback here, so weigh in and start shooting.

Thanks!!
Posted By: James Morrissey

Re: August/September Forum Contest - HEAT - 08/08/12 04:01 AM

Hey Diane,

The contest started on 08/03/2012 - so one month would be 09/03/2012 (31 days in August). I am hoping that I will get something while I am in Maine. This is a good topic...

James

Re: August/September Forum Contest - HEAT - 08/20/12 11:09 PM

I am so sorry that I've been absent from the forum and this thread. But, I was away on a whale photography trip, then home with a gigundo infection on my foot. I just got out of the hospital this morning. I never took any shots of "Heat" and only just a few whales. My foot is all bandaged and I don't know when I'll be getting out to shoot. Just stick with me. Put up your best images. And, maybe, just maybe I'll get out before the contest ends.
Posted By: RomanJohnston

Re: August/September Forum Contest - HEAT - 08/21/12 06:08 PM

Sorry to hear about your foot. But I bet with the infection, your foot is pretty hot (infections give off heat)....take a picture of it. :~)

Still trying to figure out what to shoot....interesting topic, but I got photographers block.

Will try to put some effort into it.

Roman

Re: August/September Forum Contest - HEAT - 08/21/12 06:56 PM

Now that's an interesting idea. But a photo of my foot sure isn't gonna win any prizes. It's ugly.... eek
Posted By: LauraJ

Re: August/September Forum Contest - HEAT - 08/28/12 02:44 AM

Diane I hope your foot is better.

Not very pretty or exciting, but it is a typical of our pastures and ponds

Heat plus drought results in a dried up wetland

Re: August/September Forum Contest - HEAT - 09/02/12 11:09 AM

Wow!! Tough image, Laura. This heat and drought is really cooking a lot of our country, not to mention the world.

I'm still debating what I'll be putting up. It seemed like a good topic, but it's a tough one, for sure. Anyone else out there getting any "heat?"

Re: August/September Forum Contest - HEAT - 09/03/12 06:33 PM

OK..... Let's see if we can turn the heat up on this contest. My entry....

Re: August/September Forum Contest - HEAT - 09/03/12 10:55 PM

Here is mine. A self portrait with my wife, dog (barely visible), and parents at a camp fire that I put on one evening while we were in Acadia. It was cool that my mom and pop joined us for much of the week. We camped and they stayed at a nearby hotel. The white light around Mahkayla is her dog light, which is usually on when she is off leash at night.

James

Re: August/September Forum Contest - HEAT - 09/04/12 08:41 PM

Looks like we need to extend??? Also, does mine count as a nature photo? I have tons of other 'heat' ones, but I thought this was kind of nice.

James

Re: August/September Forum Contest - HEAT - 09/05/12 10:42 AM

James, I think your image is fine. It's really quite nice. And, not for nothin', but isn't fire "natural?" And, look at my image. It isn't exactly "nature" either. It's a garden vegetable. laugh

Re: August/September Forum Contest - HEAT - 09/05/12 08:37 PM

Thanks, Diane. Anyone else?

James

Re: August/September Forum Contest - HEAT - 09/18/12 08:03 PM

I think we need to call an end to this one. I am a bit disappointed we did not get more entries - and I am very thankful to the folks who did!

So - Who Won this month's contest??? Please note that as a means to speed up the next contest, I am making voting last only through this weekend. LOL, there are only three entries, so I don't think it needs to be protracted.

James
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum