The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

Winter is almost upon us

Posted By: RomanJohnston

Winter is almost upon us - 11/02/05 04:01 PM

Closer to being off time for me....hard at work, and some winter outings, but slower photographicly here in wonderful wet Portland. My goals this year are to perfect my printing....I just bought a nice new compound miter saw to begin learning framing work....and with my 2 new SB-600 slave flashes and two new umbrellas with stands...I will be working on perfecting my understanding of portrait work and flash photography. What does every one else do during slower times photographicly?

Roman
Posted By: amp5213

Re: Winter is almost upon us - 11/02/05 04:33 PM

Quote:

What does every one else do during slower times photographicly?

Roman

I work on processing a rather large back log of raw files in photoshop, updating my website, working on potential articles for submission to magazines etc.
Posted By: RomanJohnston

Re: Winter is almost upon us - 11/12/05 06:48 PM

Awesome Ideas.....my web site needs LOTSA work!

Thanks Art.
Posted By: Paul Beiser

Re: Winter is almost upon us - 11/12/05 08:32 PM

I do more reading (diving into Bruce Fraser's "Real World Photoshop CS2" - not sure of the exact title!), and processing of past images.

Also, I do other things.. skiing, etc.
Posted By: JeffSmith

Re: Winter is almost upon us - 12/30/05 01:06 AM

I cruise the internet, and working on stock photos this winter.
Posted By: Duane

Re: Winter is almost upon us - 12/31/05 01:17 PM

Sadly, I shall be waiting on my bonus in January to *hopefully* fund the purchase of a new D-SLR to truly get back into photography.

I recently gave up one hobby, and I'm itching to get back into this one!

Plan on getting a Nikon D-50 with a couple of lenses to start - then grab a remote, flash, some backdrops, etc. Already have the space in the home-office planned for a in-house still-life studio.

My slow season has been the last 2 years...

generally, though, I can always find something of interest to capture - when things are boring or so-so to look at, I just start on macro stuff - it's a whole other world.
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum