The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

Photos on Canvas

Posted By: mmoor

Photos on Canvas - 10/18/07 01:30 PM

Has anyone had much experience with having their photos printed on canvas? I saw this in Scottsdale and liked it. If someone has recommendations on people that do this for a reasonable cost it would be great.

Thanks
Posted By: Jim Garvie

Re: Photos on Canvas - 10/18/07 04:31 PM

Try MPIX: www.mpix.com. They have a nice variation of the canvas print on a stretched frame. I've used them and they are an excellent lab and I've sent large prints on the stretched canvas as gifts and folks love them.

Jim
Posted By: Tony Bynum

Re: Photos on Canvas - 10/18/07 05:57 PM

canvas prints, reasonable - no such thing. . .

Try bayphoto in CA, or digital photo express out of FL, both I have used for canvas. . .
Posted By: thedra

Re: Photos on Canvas - 10/19/07 12:31 AM

There is a realitivly inexpensive way to get canvas prints. Print them!! I use Epson canvas with my epson 2400 and I can get inexpensive canvas prints that are of the same quality as any commercial print up to a 13x19 size. If I had the pocket book to do it, a 17 inch print with the 4800 or a huge print with the large format Epson printers are also available.
Posted By: gll

Re: Photos on Canvas - 10/21/07 05:11 PM

Quote:

There is a realitivly inexpensive way to get canvas prints. Print them!! I use Epson canvas with my epson 2400 and I can get inexpensive canvas prints that are of the same quality as any commercial print up to a 13x19 size. If I had the pocket book to do it, a 17 inch print with the 4800 or a huge print with the large format Epson printers are also available.

I have the 2200 and found some canvas on Ebay but was afraid to try it. Do you use the matte black or the photo black ? I would think its has a matte finish or can it be gloss ? what profile do you use to print it? sorry for all the questions but I'm going to do a art show Nov and sure would like to have some canvas 13x19
Thanks
Gary
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum