The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

Smith Rock State Park Outing.....(many shots)

Posted By: RomanJohnston

Smith Rock State Park Outing.....(many shots) - 03/30/08 03:18 PM

Last weekend was my trip to Smith Rock State Park, a 3 day weekend. Saturday and Sunday I was up at 4:00 AM to get out and experience the park. With no one around but 5 geese who found it their duty to fly the entire park listening to their honking in the canyons, I was in absolute heaven.

Here are a few from the weekend, many more are in my gallery.

Roman
Posted By: Jim Garvie

Re: Smith Rock State Park Outing.....(many shots) - 03/30/08 03:46 PM

Roman,
as always, lovely images. I particularly like the Moonset. Are these HDR? On my monitor, there appears to be a slight halo around the rock formation in the Moonset image.

Where is Smith Rock State Park?

Jim
Posted By: dave_lines

Re: Smith Rock State Park Outing.....(many shots) - 03/30/08 04:46 PM

Guess I need to get over there either early or late,, was there mid day and my shots don't come close to these, although I did get a nice closeup of a quail on a fence post. LOL, very nice photos. I also see a halo in the moonset shot. DAve
Posted By: Visceral Image

Re: Smith Rock State Park Outing.....(many shots) - 03/30/08 07:15 PM

Nice work Roman, I like your use of lighting and shadows
Posted By: glamson

Re: Smith Rock State Park Outing.....(many shots) - 03/30/08 10:38 PM

Quote:

Last weekend was my trip to Smith Rock State Park, a 3 day weekend. Saturday and Sunday I was up at 4:00 AM to get out and experience the park. With no one around but 5 geese who found it their duty to fly the entire park listening to their honking in the canyons, I was in absolute heaven.

Here are a few from the weekend, many more are in my gallery.

Roman,

Very nice as usual. You are doing wonderful things with that D300. I assume these were all shot in 14bit.

I was just wondering since you are now using NX with your D300, what was the workflow for processing these? How much NX and how much CS3?

Thanks,

Geo
Posted By: Klarich

Re: Smith Rock State Park Outing.....(many shots) - 03/31/08 04:29 PM

You Are a very Talented Photographer! Great images, thanks for posting them.
Posted By: RomanJohnston

Re: Smith Rock State Park Outing.....(many shots) - 04/03/08 04:28 PM

Thanks everyone. Been a bit under the weather for the last week so sorry for the delay responding.

1. Working on the halo...not HDR, but did use Capture NX to darken the sky to what I remember...and it seems to have a stronger feathering than I realize...so will work on that part.

2. GEO, Yes...all 14bit, all using Capture NX AND Photoshop for some final touches I will get into the PP later...have to go to a DR appointment. (still a little under the weather)

3. Smith Rock State Park is in Central Oregon must north of Bend and Redmond.

Roman
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum