The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

Planning a trip

Posted By: odessit

Planning a trip - 03/31/08 07:54 PM

Hi.
I am trying to plan a trip to the Acadia park (from NY) whit the options for a few stops on the way some where on the Main coast. I would appreciate for any recommendations like when and where to go ( month, spot/place to check, maybe somebody have photo from these areas with the GPS data in the EXIF).

Thanks
Posted By: DavidRamey

Re: Planning a trip - 04/01/08 04:14 AM

Quote:

.... maybe somebody have photo from these areas with the GPS data in the EXIF).

Thanks

If you just want to duplicate someone else's vacation, why not save some money and just BUY their photos and stay at home?

What has happened to the photographers today that they won't go out and find THEIR own places to photograph instead of duplicating other's work? What happened to our sense of adventure? Asking for gps data so you can get in the same spot within 3 meters?.... sheesh!!!!

Just drive up the coast and photograph what appeals to you. You would enjoy the photos better because they are what YOU saw and liked instead of what somebody else saw and liked.
Posted By: odessit

Re: Planning a trip - 04/01/08 04:20 PM

Quote:

Quote:

.... maybe somebody have photo from these areas with the GPS data in the EXIF).

Thanks

If you just want to duplicate someone else's vacation, why not save some money and just BUY their photos and stay at home?

What has happened to the photographers today that they won't go out and find THEIR own places to photograph instead of duplicating other's work? What happened to our sense of adventure? Asking for gps data so you can get in the same spot within 3 meters?.... sheesh!!!!

Just drive up the coast and photograph what appeals to you. You would enjoy the photos better because they are what YOU saw and liked instead of what somebody else saw and liked.

Do you know how many people photograph the Brooklyn Bridge or Death Valley or Blue Ridge Pkway or ...? So you want to say that all these photo are identical ?!?
The reason I was asking is because I am not familiar with this area at all.
Posted By: daveman

Re: Planning a trip - 04/02/08 02:15 PM

I agree - it is of course a perfectly reasonable question to ask people for advice of where to go before going somewhere. It does not mean you are going to copy someones pictures - I do not think you should have to defend that you asked the question.

I have never been to that part of the country so sorry I cannot help.
Posted By: earline

Re: Planning a trip - 04/02/08 06:02 PM

I hope you have fun on your trip to Acadia. I used to live in Brunswick and also outside Bangor. If you are looking for some picturesque coastal pictures ( lobster traps, fishing boats, etc) then you may want to stop in the Casco Bay area. I remember taking a few trips to Bailey Island, and it was quite lovely. That was many years ago though (25 years). Slightly further north and east from the Casco Bay area you will run into Boothbay Harbor. I remember a few beautiful foggy mornings there.

It's hard to go wrong when travelling along the Maine coast. It's all so beautiful. Good luck!
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum