The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

A few from recent outings......

Posted By: RomanJohnston

A few from recent outings...... - 05/30/08 12:07 PM

Got my new 24-70 Nikon lens....it is as amazing as people have said. Prime sharpness in quality...yet with the convience of a zoom lens. Immediatly jumping to the front of the Nikon lens lineup. I have friends who shoot with zeiss primes and they say it is comparable in quality.

Here are a few from my first outing with the lens.

I have a few irons in the fire.....so busy with projects this season....but looking to get some outing planned soon, but probably local based on the workload at hand.

Roman
Posted By: Jim Garvie

Re: A few from recent outings...... - 05/30/08 02:17 PM

Roman,
outstanding as usual. I had seen the Japanese Garden images over on the Miranda forum and loved them. Intended to comment there but then Cassidy had her puppies and my focus turned to little balls of fur.

The lens appears to be tack sharp based on these images. Congratulations. Nice to have a tool you love to use and one that you obviously use so well.

Jim
Posted By: TangoWay

Re: A few from recent outings...... - 05/30/08 04:21 PM

Nice work, Roman. I'm sure you will do the new lens justice.
Posted By: Jim Poor

Re: A few from recent outings...... - 05/30/08 04:44 PM

Wow! Some beautiful images you have there! Suspended Animation and Laceleaf & Azalea are simply stunning!

I'm glad to hear about the lens as mine is set to arrive today
Posted By: James Morrissey

Re: A few from recent outings...... - 05/31/08 04:47 AM

Hey Roman,

Really beautiful and saturated images. I am glad you are enjoying your new lens. What sort of outtings do you have planned?

James
Posted By: RomanJohnston

Re: A few from recent outings...... - 05/31/08 05:05 PM

Thanks everyone.....the lens is amazing....even if you have a Canon....I reccomend getting a Nikon to Canon adaptor and giving this lens a try....you will be floored.

James, I am heading to Eastern Oregon today...family function...but might get some shooting in along the way.

Have huge projects on the way, no books yet, but its getting exciting.

The City of Portland has also asked me to work with them to update their photographic of some of their protected sites.

Roman
Posted By: daveman

Re: A few from recent outings...... - 05/31/08 07:47 PM

I really like the Laceleaf and Azelea - I would love to see that big and on a wall somewhere.

Roman - with all the new projects, are you now photographer full time, or is this still your side job?
Posted By: Grey_Wolf

Re: A few from recent outings...... - 06/07/08 06:56 AM

Wow - they are very good.
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum