The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

Ok....fall has fallen (for the most part)......

Posted By: RomanJohnston

Ok....fall has fallen (for the most part)...... - 11/06/08 03:51 AM

And it was amazing. Here are a few of my faves from this last few weeks...

There are many more in my gallery link in my signature....

Hope your fall was as awesome!!!

Roman
Posted By: Jim Poor

Re: Ok....fall has fallen (for the most part)..... - 11/06/08 12:15 PM

Wow, those are awesome. I pretty much suck at landscapes, so I'm always envious of those who are good at it.
Posted By: Don Edwards

Re: Ok....fall has fallen (for the most part)..... - 11/06/08 12:21 PM

another superb display Roman

Don

Re: Ok....fall has fallen (for the most part)..... - 11/06/08 12:40 PM

Thanks Jim, I feel the same way about portrait stuff....it usually works that way though....most people who do great work usually do it within their niche.

Don, thanks very much!!

Roman
Posted By: dave_lines

Re: Ok....fall has fallen (for the most part)..... - 11/06/08 04:33 PM

Love all the diff colors in these,, only one thing bothers me,, the bridge at multnomah is not level.. Is the first one an HDR pano? DAve

Re: Ok....fall has fallen (for the most part)..... - 11/06/08 06:19 PM

Thanks Dave.....that would be because there truly is an incline on the actual bridge.

Roman
Posted By: Durwood Edwards

Re: Ok....fall has fallen (for the most part)..... - 11/06/08 08:00 PM

Beautiful series, Roman!
Posted By: Randall

Re: Ok....fall has fallen (for the most part)..... - 11/07/08 01:11 AM

Man Roman you sure make me want to go to Portland Oregon, I'm just hoping when I do get there I can enjoy some of that beautiful scenery. I think of all the scenes of that famous waterfalls I like yours the best, I guess I 'm a little like Jackie Gleason you need to add a splash of color to every suit of clothes, to make it stand out Great work on that garden shot I could look at that all day.
Thanks for posting Randall

Re: Ok....fall has fallen (for the most part)..... - 11/07/08 02:32 AM

Edward....thanks so much!

Randall...Thanks, and if you come on up...drop me a line.

Roman
Posted By: Marty Everhard

Re: Ok....fall has fallen (for the most part)..... - 11/07/08 05:30 AM

Those are masterful. It is great to have you on this forum. I am hard pressed on a favorite but The Fall Bridge Pano is a killer shot.

Re: Ok....fall has fallen (for the most part)..... - 11/07/08 12:18 PM

Marty, your too kind. Thank you!

Roman
Posted By: dlc

Re: Ok....fall has fallen (for the most part)..... - 11/08/08 08:11 AM

Wow! Great work, beautiful shots.
Posted By: Peggy Sue

Re: Ok....fall has fallen (for the most part)..... - 11/08/08 01:59 PM

Oh my goodness, these are just gorgeous! I am now so excited since several years ago I planted a dozen Japanese Maples. This it the first year they turned that fabulous red. I knew I had to be patient since they are such slow growers. But now that you showed me what I have to look forward to, I am so excited to see what comes next fall!
You are a master of these wonderful scenics.
Posted By: Tony Bynum

Re: Ok....fall has fallen (for the most part)..... - 11/08/08 02:23 PM

nice work Roman, still waiting to see a book!

Re: Ok....fall has fallen (for the most part)..... - 11/08/08 04:48 PM

DLC - Thanks!!

Peggysue - They are amazing little trees arent they? Prune them well...guide them and they will become amazing natural pieces of art.

Tony, actually the publisher has contacted me. They need a catalogue of my work. I guess I am having a hard time understanding what they want? My work is layed out even in my Pbase account similar to what they want (by geographic area) they keep refering me to a website which I dont need....just another expense to put my work in a format it already is in. I am currently working on a professional web site, and that should be on line early next year.

Meanwhile I am working on my project with a local printing company to create a showroom of my work and the other product (they tie in together info to be released soon) so that is probably my front burner project for now.

And still weighing the legal ramification of publishing pictures and how that would effect limited runs of gallery quality offerings....so we have some exploring to do and some decisions to make as to where I want to take my work.

Roman
Posted By: ScenicExplorer

Re: Ok....fall has fallen (for the most part)..... - 11/09/08 03:38 AM

Really beautiful collection! I especially like the Japanese Maple (just love the color on those trees!) and the Columbia Gorge shot!
Posted By: daveman

Re: Ok....fall has fallen (for the most part)..... - 11/09/08 04:44 AM

Stunnng Roman! Really nice stuff.

Thanks.....and here is another pano..... - 11/09/08 05:23 AM

I just keep finding compositions I found that just work...

This one is 277MP and prints 40"x 125" at 240PPI

Will it ever end!?!?!?
Posted By: spartacusii

Re: Ok....fall has fallen (for the most part)..... - 11/15/08 06:38 AM

roman -

having witnessed firsthand some of the beauty that surrounds you, i am struck by how the same scene, with a splash of color, takes on an even higher dimension. it is obvious by the breadth of your work that you don't take your environs for granted - never let it be said of you. these are truly spectacular shots. you already know this - but i love your work. you are an inspiration to & for me.

jp

Re: Ok....fall has fallen (for the most part)..... - 11/18/08 03:05 PM

Jey JP, They key to decent shots is appreciation of your world and looking at it with the wonder of a 6 yr old. (at least I 'v been told I can ACT like a 6 yr old...lol) If you appreciate your world...its kinda hard NOT to see its beauty everywhere.

Thanks for your kind comments as always.

Roman
Posted By: rpcrowe

AS ALWAYS... - 12/17/08 01:18 AM

As always your imagery is beautiful and creative.

Your galleries were a prominent factor in my selection of the 12-24mm f/4 Tokina lens which I adore.

Re: AS ALWAYS... - 12/17/08 04:33 AM

Thanks! And glad to help a fellow photographer find a great lens.

Roman
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum