The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

Noise

Posted By: Lost

Noise - 03/20/06 03:58 AM

I would like to know if anyone has used or know of a a good Digital Camera Noise fixing program.
I took some photo with my D-200 at knight of a building had a high ISO ( forgot to change ) inadvertently have a lot of noise photos came out good but to much noise would like to remove it with some sort of program also in raw. thanks for the help. Lost
Posted By: DavidRamey

Re: Noise - 03/20/06 05:17 AM

Noise Ninja, Nix multimedia.
Noise Ninja is built into the latest Bibble, so buying Bibble would be the route to go there.
Nix Multimedia is the people who wrote the new version of Capture NX coming out next month. If you buy Nix, I don't know if there will be an upgrade price on the new Capture NX, but I know there is an upgrade price on Capture 4 to Capture NX.

I own Bibble and Capture. Capture has better colors, Bibble is faster and will WB jpgs.
Posted By: RomanJohnston

Re: Noise - 03/28/06 06:33 AM

I use the pro version of Neat Image.....very fast, simple or as complex as you want to get, and works on 16 bit images.

The other noise reduction I use is proper exposure.....exposing to the right keeps noise down because noise lives in the shadows.

Roman
Posted By: James Morrissey

Re: Noise - 04/01/06 04:59 AM

I have a much earlier of Neat Image that I had been using. I have been debating moving to a new version myself. The noise removal that I do primarilly comes in my raw conversion program (in this case, Capture One). I am hoping to try out the new version of Bibble. Bibble will have Noise Ninja incorporated into the system.

James
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum