The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

What did Santa bring you?

Posted By: psmith

What did Santa bring you? - 12/27/09 10:34 AM

Normally I get a lump of coal, but this year I got some funds for a Bushhawk. And he brought me a Colorchecker Passport...very cool.
Posted By: Jim Garvie

Re: What did Santa bring you? - 12/27/09 12:56 PM

Five Pups A-Pooping And A Patridge In A Pear Tree .

Jim
Posted By: James Morrissey

Re: What did Santa bring you? - 12/27/09 01:55 PM

Chanthee purchased me a graphics card that she must have spied me looking at...which is really cool. I had been meaning to purchase the card since getting the desktop last year but have lived with it since. It has never run optimally, but I figured that it was getting along well enough. LOL, it is pretty cool having a computer geek in the household!!!

James
Posted By: Jim Poor

Re: What did Santa bring you? - 12/27/09 02:59 PM

Snow, Ice, books and intestinal distress
Posted By: Jim Garvie

Re: What did Santa bring you? - 12/27/09 03:15 PM

One other thing that Linda and I actually got for each other was a dog cart. Sundance loves to pull a cart and I want to put Carting titles on the rest of the crew so we figured it was time. Besides, this will allow us to give cart rides to kids at various functions and really make the dogs that much more approachable. Now to figure out how to make room for it in the garage .

Jim
Posted By: Jim Poor

Re: What did Santa bring you? - 12/27/09 03:34 PM

That sounds like a lot of fun.
Posted By: StarrLight

Re: What did Santa bring you? - 12/27/09 09:01 PM

No photo equipment but I got a couple new photo magazines at Barnes and Noble while shopping for my son. It was kind of ironic - I carried around a new Annie Lebowitz book for him, then changed my mind and got him a really nice glossy Photoshop tricks book and book on cinematic special effects. As it turns out, he gave me a gift card to Barnes and Noble so I may have to go back and get the book by Annie. I'll let him read it.

Diana
Posted By: Julie

Re: What did Santa bring you? - 12/27/09 11:03 PM

Henkel knives! about to go cook with them now
Posted By: daveman

Re: What did Santa bring you? - 12/28/09 04:41 PM

An HP B9180 from Ebay - so now I am trying to figure out how to use it!

Learning about DPI, resolution, profiles, specialty papers....
Posted By: RomanJohnston

Re: What did Santa bring you? - 12/28/09 07:10 PM

I got a Drobo....my backup worries are significantly reduced now. Just plug in up to 4 drives...the computer sees it as one drive and it is RAID 5 with no setup problems. One drive fails...just plug in a new drive and it rebuilds itself. No data destroyed.

Roman
Posted By: James Morrissey

Re: What did Santa bring you? - 12/31/09 06:28 PM

That's cool, Roman. I have been debating different back-up options...but am trying to hold off until March of 2010 when USB 3 is supposed to finally come out.

Is this what you got?
Data Robotics Drobo DRO4DD10 Hard drive array - 4-bay

It looks like a very nice, comprehensive and affordable product.

I have been looking at something slightly different...I just wish it had a 2nd drive connected to it.

(1) The io Safe Solo Drive....
http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.asp...opnav=&s=1#

Re: What did Santa bring you? - 12/31/09 06:51 PM

Quote:

That's cool, Roman. I have been debating different back-up options...but am trying to hold off until March of 2010 when USB 3 is supposed to finally come out.

Is this what you got?
Data Robotics Drobo DRO4DD10 Hard drive array - 4-bay

It looks like a very nice, comprehensive and affordable product.

I have been looking at something slightly different...I just wish it had a 2nd drive connected to it.

(1) The io Safe Solo Drive....
http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.asp...opnav=&s=1#

My first thought is that you need two of these in case the hard drive itself crashes.

Re: What did Santa bring you? - 01/01/10 12:42 AM

Actually that is the exact purpose of the drobo. It is a raid 5 setup. You put 4 drives into the unit and the backup of the drives is striped across the other drives. When a drive dies, you just plug in a blank drive and the backup data on the other drives rebuild the "failed" drive.

Roman

Re: What did Santa bring you? - 01/01/10 02:51 PM

It looks like James solution protects again fire and water and the Drobo against the crashes. What do you do for offsite storage Roman?
Posted By: kidnanrud

Re: What did Santa bring you? - 01/19/10 06:40 PM

A D90!!!

Re: What did Santa bring you? - 01/22/10 02:02 PM

Quote:

It looks like James solution protects again fire and water and the Drobo against the crashes. What do you do for offsite storage Roman?

I have a little 500GB portable with all my origonal RAW files on them.

Roman
Posted By: Sunstruck

Re: What did Santa bring you? - 01/22/10 06:37 PM

D700! Plus a SB900 and some memory cards.

Penny
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum