The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

Your Favorite Stuff - 2009

Posted By: James Morrissey

Your Favorite Stuff - 2009 - 01/02/10 04:15 AM

Hey Everyone,

I thought it might be fun to share some of our favorite work from 2009. Here are two pieces of work that I really liked from this last year. The first was from my recent trip to Utah. The second is a pet portrait for a kitten that we were trying to find a home.

Posted By: ddietiker

Re: Your Favorite Stuff - 2009 - 01/02/10 03:31 PM

Couple of mine I was happy with from 2009, The Redwoods, the Columbia Gorge and Palouse falls

Re: Your Favorite Stuff - 2009 - 01/02/10 05:56 PM

Hi Douglas,

Thanks for sharing - those are really remarkable.

James
Posted By: Lsg

Re: Your Favorite Stuff - 2009 - 01/03/10 04:14 AM

Waiting for light requires patience. I feel rewarded with this image of Half Dome from Glacier Point at Yosemite National Park.

Attached picture 27820-HalfDomeatGlacierPoint.jpg
Posted By: Lsg

Re: Your Favorite Stuff - 2009 - 01/03/10 04:16 AM

I attached the image to my file and it went through, but where is it?

Lsg

Re: Your Favorite Stuff - 2009 - 01/03/10 05:36 AM

Hi Larry,

The file is currently seen as an attachment connected to your first post. If you are not hosting the photo yourself (for example, on your own domain or server like smugmug), the image tag needs to be clicked on in order for everyone to see it.

BTW, that is an absolutely beautiful shot of Half Dome.

James
Posted By: Tucson Jim

Re: Your Favorite Stuff - 2009 - 01/03/10 09:05 PM

This harbor seal sunning himself on the ice seems oblivious as Hobart Glacier calves in the background.

Posted By: jadlh

Some favorites from 2009 - 01/03/10 11:43 PM

The Tetons, an always magnificent sight.

Where I live, a sunset on Lake Michigan

Little Sable point lighthouse

On the beach, Lake Mich.is prettier than you think

Performer at Mallory square, Key West FL.

Re: Some favorites from 2009 - 01/04/10 04:07 AM

Hey Jim,

That is one heck of a shot!!! I almost did not see the seal in the foreground - but when I did...oh my. That must have been absolutely amazing to see in person.

Thanks for sharing
James

Re: Some favorites from 2009 - 01/04/10 04:08 AM

Hey Nolad,

Thanks for sharing. It has been nice seeing your work really improve. Your compositions have gotten much much better since you joined the forum a couple of years ago. You should be proud.

My favorite is of the Tetons - but, LOL, I am really very biased.

James
Posted By: RomanJohnston

Re: Some favorites from 2009 - 01/05/10 12:33 PM

Ok, here are a few of mine. Most are Panos. Been shooting less this year and hopefully better quality.

My first Pano is of Smith Rock, and some rare snow giving the mountains some depth you usually dont see.

This next one is from the Opal Creek Wilderness. I found this area this year and have been back many times.

Here is one of a bridge downtown with several of the landmarks of the area included. It took over an hour to capture this panorama as the bridge I took it from would vibrate with every car that would pass...so it was snap a picture, wait for the bridge to clear...then wait for the residual vibration to clear...snap a picture...rinse and repeat.

And here is one from eastern oregon...just the right place at the right time. I have this printed up at 3feet x 7feet.

This last one...I am not sure why I am so drawn to it...but I am so going to include it. Taken about a week ago.

Happy new year all!!! Nice shots in this thread! Great work!

Roman
Posted By: adamcoupe

Re: Some favorites from 2009 - 01/05/10 03:30 PM

Hi

Nice work everyone - Happy New Year!

Adam
www.adamcoupe.com/portfolio

Re: Some favorites from 2009 - 01/06/10 02:16 PM

Hey Adam,

100% agreed. Roman, thanks for sharing those last images. Really beautiful!

James
Posted By: Jim Garvie

Re: Your Favorite Stuff - 2009 - 01/08/10 08:32 PM

My money-maker work is in dog shows and weddings with portraits of people, children and animals contributing a bit as well. And while I was very happy with the images I produced in those categories, the images I most enjoyed creating were in other categories: landscapes, wildlife, travel and candid pet. So, I've chosen a couple in each of those categories to share with you.

Our trip to Hollister CA in April to shoot the American Rottweiler Club National Specialty provided a few opportunities to photograph the areas in and around Hollister as well as Carmel and Monterrey. In Hollister, I was fascinated by the rolling hills sparsely dotted with Oak Trees and managed to capture this image near dusk.

Our hotel was actually in San Juan Bautista which is also home to an old Mission. In this shot, I was looking through an antique fence into the graveyard behind the Mission.

My wildlife excursions were almost exclusively along the Shingle Creek Nature Trail near our home. There I captured this shot of a River Otter trying to watch us while hiding in the water plants.

And along Lake Toho in Kissimmee, I spotted this Limpkin.

My favorite set of children portraits included these two:

My favorite formal dog portraits included these two:

Both were taken on location.

I had a lot of favorite candids including a bunch of the puppies but, overall, this Halloween shot of Sundance is my favorite. It's become part of the American Rottweiler Club's Meet The Breeds Exhibit.

Those are my favorites of 2009. Hope you enjoy them.

Jim

Re: Your Favorite Stuff - 2009 - 01/10/10 06:41 AM

Hey Jim,

Thanks for sharing your stuff - really nice to see. LOL, I still don't think you should shoot anything besides the doggies. :P

James

Re: Your Favorite Stuff - 2009 - 01/11/10 02:12 PM

Thanks James! Jim...love the dog stuff!!!

Roman
Posted By: Jim Garvie

Re: Your Favorite Stuff - 2009 - 01/11/10 03:06 PM

Quote:

LOL, I still don't think you should shoot anything besides the doggies. :P

James,
what is THAT supposed to mean?!!!

Jim
Posted By: ddietiker

Re: Your Favorite Stuff - 2009 - 01/11/10 06:45 PM

Love that Opal Creek Wilderness shot Roman. I have that on my list of places to visit this year.

Re: Your Favorite Stuff - 2009 - 01/11/10 10:40 PM

"James,
what is THAT supposed to mean?!!!"

Nothing more than I feel that you and Preston are showing us all up with all of the photographs in the different categories!!!!! LOL. That is a positive thing.

James
Posted By: StarrLight

Re: Your Favorite Stuff - 2009 - 01/12/10 07:40 AM

Loving everyone's submissions, many gorgeous photos here. Roman's Oregon windmill shot really grabbed me. Maybe cause it reminds me of my home state Iowa. It looks like a painting, the colors and layout could not have been more perfect.

Diana
Posted By: jamesdak

Re: Your Favorite Stuff - 2009 - 01/16/10 04:08 AM

Wow, some really nice work being shown by everyone here!

Well, it was a real "slow" year for me as work and other distractions kept getting in the way of my shooting. But here are a couple of my favorites.

This one surprised me. It's from a 30 some year old Leica R 135/2.8 that I had tried and not been impressed with. Then I shot a series of flowers in the yard one day and realized I had been underestimating it.

And finally one from my all time favorite piece of glass:

Re: Your Favorite Stuff - 2009 - 01/16/10 05:21 AM

Hey Jim....2nd and 3rd are my favorites. Awesome.

Roman

Re: Your Favorite Stuff - 2009 - 01/17/10 05:35 AM

Hey Jim,

Much agreed - these are awesome. I particularly like that first one. Really well done.

James
Posted By: yasin-m

Re: Your Favorite Stuff - 2009 - 01/17/10 07:49 PM

Re: Your Favorite Stuff - 2009 - 01/18/10 04:24 PM

Hi Yasin,

Welcome aboard! Great first photo to share.

James

Re: Your Favorite Stuff - 2009 - 01/22/10 02:04 PM

Nice shot Yasin. Welcome to the forum!

Roman
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum