The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

Thanksgiving Plans?

Posted By: James Morrissey

Thanksgiving Plans? - 11/24/10 06:01 PM

Hey Everyone,

Anyone have any Thanksgiving plans? We have been a bit overwhelmed as we have 16 people coming to visit in our smallish NYC apartment...10 will sleeping over in our two bedroom apartment. Outside of having only 1 bathroom, it should be a lot of fun (LOL, except for Chanthee who is doing the bulk of the cooking).

James
Posted By: Sunstruck

Re: Thanksgiving Plans? - 11/24/10 07:10 PM

Since both of our parents have passed on, it's just Dan & I, (and the dogs and cats of course). We have a pretty low key day planned. We use the holidays to recharge our batteries. I may even get off the couch tomorrow, but dont bet on it, unless it's to take the ham out of the oven.

I hope you and Chanthee have a wonderful holiday. That is going to be one crowded little apt. Enjoy!
Posted By: RomanJohnston

Re: Thanksgiving Plans? - 11/24/10 07:40 PM

Going down to Salem to my mother in laws house. Always a good meal and good times. Letting someone else do the cooking for a change!

Have a great holiday!

Roman
Posted By: Jim Poor

Re: Thanksgiving Plans? - 11/24/10 09:49 PM

I have a portrait session. Two people and a cat.

It's at the home of some friends where we will also having turkey day dinner.
Posted By: psmith

Re: Thanksgiving Plans? - 11/24/10 10:06 PM

Family dinner with the inlaws and 20 or 30 grandnieces and grandnephews - its like swimming in a Petri dish full of flus and viruses.

Re: Thanksgiving Plans? - 11/25/10 05:07 PM

Welp, the horde has arrived. We are heading Downtown for a few hours than 6 more arrive. :P Poor, poor Chanthee.

James
Posted By: NinaS

Re: Thanksgiving Plans? - 11/26/10 02:28 PM

had a quiet day catching up on editing, now only 20 orders in the hole ... actually planned it that way, turned down TDay invites to work

if people slow their ordering, I may be able to clear the month before it ends LOL (I know, I'm dreamin)

Re: Thanksgiving Plans? - 11/26/10 03:54 PM

Hey Nina,

There are worse situations to be in! Just keep plugging along. Business has been good for us, but not to the point where I am ever complaining. :P

James
Posted By: NinaS

Re: Thanksgiving Plans? - 11/27/10 01:11 AM

James, plugging along is digging a deeper hole ... this week, and I'm not complaining (or joking), for every order I edit & upload to the lab, at least two more come in

then, today, I had to take a break for the computer & go do a couple of portrait sessions at the client's homes ... while I'm shooting 9 more orders came in!!!

I know, savor it while I can LOL
Posted By: maheanuu

Re: Thanksgiving Plans? - 11/28/10 10:42 PM

Actually, we had a rather quiet Thanksgiving evening dinner, with 3 couples and kids who are either expats or expats married to locals. Thursday is not a holiday here so with school and all, the dinner was held at night and then everyone left early as kids had to go to school on Friday and most of the parents had work jobs to think of... Me I kicked around all Friday looking for some thing to shoot but nothing as of yet... Perhaps tomorrow, if we get a good day..

The only thing that I miss down here at this time of year is the college foot ball... Not really into the pro football american style, but Baseball and Basketball, now that is also sumpin I miss greatly.....
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum