The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

Purhcased a French Press

Posted By: James Morrissey

Purhcased a French Press - 12/10/10 01:17 AM

Hey Everyone,

Not sure if everyone here are coffee drinkers or not, but I got sick and tired of my coffee machines breaking. So, last night I received a Bodum French Press in the mail. What an AWESOME cup of coffee. Seriously - if you are a coffee drinker and have never used a French Press, you should try one.

James

Re: Purhcased a French Press - 12/10/10 05:50 PM

...I am now very, very caffeinated...
Posted By: Jim Poor

Re: Purhcased a French Press - 12/10/10 05:55 PM

We're considering a soda machine.
Posted By: psmith

Re: Purhcased a French Press - 12/10/10 09:00 PM

Quote:

Hey Everyone,

Not sure if everyone here are coffee drinkers or not, but I got sick and tired of my coffee machines breaking. So, last night I received a Bodum French Press in the mail. What an AWESOME cup of coffee. Seriously - if you are a coffee drinker and have never used a French Press, you should try one.

James

LIKE.

Re: Purhcased a French Press - 12/15/10 02:23 PM

LOL, are we becoming Facebook? Having said that, I 'like' my French Press so much that I have purchased a Tea Press and a French Press for sibs this holiday season. :P

James
Posted By: Jim Poor

Re: Purhcased a French Press - 12/15/10 04:21 PM

Funny thing. At age 40, and having had a career in the Army, I've never had cup of coffee.

Re: Purhcased a French Press - 12/15/10 07:09 PM

Quote:

LOL, are we becoming Facebook? Having said that, I 'like' my French Press so much that I have purchased a Tea Press and a French Press for sibs this holiday season. :P

James

No, I just didn't have anything to add. Bodum makes really nice products, and French Press is the best way to make coffee. That said, the secrets of a good cup of coffee is to use freshly ground coffee and well filtered water.

Re: Purhcased a French Press - 12/15/10 09:55 PM

Hey Preston,

I use filtered water, but I am told that distilled water is the way to go. I am not really sure why.

James

Re: Purhcased a French Press - 12/15/10 10:13 PM

Quote:

Hey Preston,

I use filtered water, but I am told that distilled water is the way to go. I am not really sure why.

James

I use filtered for coffee, but my cats only get distilled water.
Posted By: StarrLight

Re: Purhcased a French Press - 12/18/10 07:13 PM

Quote:

Actually, isn't distilled water the type that has all minerals removed, that is made for use in irons, humidifiers and other appliances that use water? I thought distilled water is not especially good for every day consumption?

Don't have a french press but would like one. Housemate works at Coffee Bean so we get to try some of the more exotic types of coffee. So far my favorite is one from Jamaica.

Diana

Re: Purhcased a French Press - 12/18/10 07:16 PM

Quote:

Don't have a french press but would like one. Housemate works at Coffee Bean so we get to try some of the more exotic types of coffee. So far my favorite is one from Jamaica.

Diana

Take that back. Ethiopia, not Jamaica.

Re: Purhcased a French Press - 12/19/10 03:34 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Actually, isn't distilled water the type that has all minerals removed, that is made for use in irons, humidifiers and other appliances that use water? I thought distilled water is not especially good for every day consumption?

Diana

If you have a male cat that manufactures crystals in the urine you try to eliminate all the minerals and distilled water is recommended. Along with a special diet.

Re: Purhcased a French Press - 12/21/10 08:48 AM

Quote:

If you have a male cat that manufactures crystals in the urine you try to eliminate all the minerals and distilled water is recommended. Along with a special diet.

Ahh, good point!

Diana
Posted By: Sunstruck

Re: Purhcased a French Press - 12/21/10 01:46 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Diana

And if you have a cat with CRF, Chronic Renal Failure.
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum