The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

Post your website!

Posted By: James Morrissey

Post your website! - 07/07/05 04:28 AM

Hey,

I thought this might be a good opportunity for people to share their websites and their current work in a friendly atmosphere.

-JM
Posted By: rustin

Re: Post your website! - 07/14/05 10:02 PM

www.artwanted.com/rustin
Posted By: RomanJohnston

Re: Post your website! - 09/17/05 06:03 PM

Their both in my signature....have at it!
Posted By: JRDAVIS

Re: Post your website! - 09/19/05 02:57 AM

http://www.betterphoto.com/gallery/gallery.asp?memberID=100286

Re: Post your website! - 09/19/05 03:45 AM

Roman,

Those are some AWESOME shots you have in your gallery. The alpha wolf in your Oregon 1 gallery is quite good. I also really like the image "Columbia River Sunset." Great colors and composition. Upper Multnomah Falls is also quite an interesting composition.

I am going to go back to your website and check out some more.

Thank you for sharing

James

PS JR, thanks for posting your site here as well. I really like what you showed off in the Critique my work section.

Re: Post your website! - 09/20/05 02:12 PM

Thanks James....the wolf is in captivity....(always try to be upfront about that) That shot was with my old CP5700...which I sold to a friend to get my D70 (and he was with me on the "Columbia River Sunset" shoot). The upper Multnomah Falls shot also came from that day out. When I had my D70...my (then) boss had just gotten his 10D and wanted to learn a little more on how to use it....so we all got together one day and played hookey for the last 1/2 of the day (hey...we had the boss with us...lol) and played around in the Gorge...it was a blast...like 5 of us running around with our new gear.

Most of my animal shots are in captivity....except for a spotted owl I will share with you....interesting story on that one...will post tonight.

Roman

Re: Post your website! - 09/21/05 02:44 AM

Ok....the owl. Went on a hike to PunchBowl Falls with my wife. On the way back to the car it was getting quite dark, and almost to the point of needing flashlights....we were walking...and we heard next to nothing.....but I saw it first as an owl swooped over our heads and landed in a tree right next to the trail. I motioned for Lisa to stop...and I put my camera pack down. I took out my D70 with the Sigma 70-200 lens and took a few shots....realized I was not going to get anything looking at the shutter speed. (and the resulting blurry shots) I punched the flash button and took a few more. The owl was actually very tolerant of our moving around him despit being only 3 feet away....he moved to a new small stump (the one in the picture) and posed perfectly for a few more shots.

After a few more, he took off...swoopped and hoovered over lisas head (like 6-9 inches from it)...as if to say..."Thats enough...now let me hunt" and took off.

We thanked him and the universe for such a wonderful encounter (with or without camera) and I packed up the camera...unpacked the flashlights...and we wound ourselves down the last hour of trail in the pitch dark.

Now...here is the shot....not the best I have seen, but ok. Little noise from under exposure.

Roman

Re: Post your website! - 09/21/05 05:21 AM

"I punched the flash button and took a few more. The owl was actually very tolerant of our moving around him despit being only 3 feet away....he moved to a new small stump (the one in the picture) and posed perfectly for a few more shots."

Hey Roman,

You are pretty lucky that he was willing to sit through this. You are even more lucky that he landed so close. Owls are reputedly very hard to photograph. Sadly, I have never seen one in the natural environment. Of course, it is not that odd as I live in Manhattan.

-JM
Posted By: rkreinz

Re: Post your website! - 09/21/05 09:19 AM

Hi all,

This is a good way do introduce myself with my first posting. Am from Austria/Europe and have now over 8 years of photography experience. I started over a year ago with Nature photography and I have a lot of fun in this area.

Here is my “new” homepage with only a few pictures, hopefully more in the near future.

www.photograph-austria.at

Regards,
Robert

Re: Post your website! - 09/21/05 02:40 PM

Quote:

You are pretty lucky that he was willing to sit through this. You are even more lucky that he landed so close. Owls are reputedly very hard to photograph. Sadly, I have never seen one in the natural environment. Of course, it is not that odd as I live in Manhattan.

-JM

I have ALWAYS had a good relationship with animals. I have had elk and deer walk up to me, Humming birds for some reason like me. I remember a rather unnerving encounter with a porcupine while doing what comes naturally in the woods ...I have pictures of birds landing on my hands (taken by my wife with our canon P&S.) Even at the Sonoran Desert Museum (outside Tucson)The keeper was befudled when he caught me poking my finger through the cage and scratching the head of one of their raptors (I think it was a Coopers Hawk) I try not to be stupid about it...wouldnt go up and embrace a bear...lol...but in a natural setting...if an animal comes up to me...and I dont sense any ill intent...I interact as much as they will allow. During my stint of house inspecting (13 years) I never got bit by anyting (to the befuddlement of my co-inspectors)...till I gave them a tip....dont kill anything...I catch and release everything I can if I catch it in the house (my wife now knows to call me instead of squashing things) They can sense if you would squash them...and will often take defensive posture....even if you dont see them....which would explain that in living and exploring the Tucosn area for 3 years I did not see one scorpion and never ran into any venemous snakes. The ones that followed that advice reduced if not eliminated their "negitive encounters" with things that bite.

Sorry for rambling on...but being nature photographers....we have to remember that most animals read our (for lack of a better word) energy patterns...lots of people call these "instincts"....and will react or even show themselves accordingly.

Just my .02

Roman
Posted By: Russell - Texas

Re: Post your website! - 10/08/05 02:33 AM

www.russellgraves.com

Re: Post your website! - 10/09/05 01:13 AM

Hi Russell,

Welcome!

-JM
Posted By: amp5213

Re: Post your website! - 10/12/05 12:43 PM

Been lurking here for a while. Nice interview with Art Morris. here is my website:
www.artpeslakphotography.com

art Peslak
Posted By: Graeme

Re: Post your website! - 10/14/05 08:54 PM

www.catseye.blogs.com

Re: Post your website! - 10/15/05 05:20 AM

Hey Art,

I love the copyright warning on your website. On that note, some of your bird images are just awesome. I see that many of your images are from Bosque. Have you done one of Artie's seminars before?

BTW, I see you are in NJ. Are you doing Photo Expo next week?

-JM

Re: Post your website! - 10/15/05 05:25 AM

Hey Ryan,

Welcome aboard. I like your daily photos section...particularly October 12th and 9th. I definitely like the concept.

Can you tell me more about the concept of the site?

-JM
Posted By: amp5213

Re: Post your website! - 10/15/05 03:23 PM

Jim,
I did do Artie's IPT in Bosque last year, Artie is a great guy and certainly knows Bosque. I am going back this year in November. (Not with Artie).

I'm going to try going to Photo Expo but don't know if I can fit it in with my work schedule this week.

Re: Post your website! - 10/16/05 05:20 AM

Hey Art,

Some of your photos in your gallery are great. Good luck in Bosque in November.

I will probably be going to Photo Expo on Saturday as I am in the office during the week. I may be going on an early morning shoot with one of our forum members in Westchester (though it may be on Sunday) at one of the local preserves.

-JM
Posted By: steveh552

Re: Post your website! - 11/10/05 06:33 PM

www.photocentral.us
Posted By: Lance_Diver

Re: Post your website! - 11/30/05 07:31 PM

http://home.att.net/~lanceg/

Re: Post your website! - 12/01/05 03:11 AM

Hi Radar,

Just checked out your site. Very nicely laid out. It is both well organized and easy to navigate.

-JM
Posted By: Lance_Diver

Re: Post your website! - 12/03/05 11:00 PM

Hi Jim

Thanks for the postive feedback.
Posted By: ProSportsImages

Re: Post your website! - 01/05/06 04:55 AM

Sports Pictures, Celebrity Photos and Concert Photography.

http://www.prosportsimages.com
Posted By: Duane

Re: Post your website! - 01/05/06 01:48 PM

OK, you asked for it...

...and be warned, it's not phot-related, but it is my website.

FWIW, I did write the articles posted in the "Stories" section, and I did all the photography for them as well. Most of the images, however, are simply being used with permission - many from other companies...

Anyway... http://www.ajeepthing.com

I also currently own the following domains - one of which I'm considering putting up a site for:

www.propetpics.com & www.lenspuppy.com

Anyway, mine is a sordid tale of an Internet Marketer run amok...enjoy the site - it was built as a source of education to those new to that sport, as I once was. I've since moved on, and find myself back at photography as a main hobby - MUCH less expensive.
Posted By: DavidRamey

Re: Post your website! - 01/06/06 01:37 AM

Hi,
This is my first post.

David Ramey Photography
Posted By: Duane

Re: Post your website! - 01/06/06 12:51 PM

Welcome Dave - nice site you have.

What application are you using for your gallery? I like the look of the "slides" for the thumbnail pics.

Re: Post your website! - 01/06/06 01:01 PM

Hi David,

Welcome aboard. Looks like much of your work is centered around pet and show photography. I hope that your comments will be heard in the business forum.

-JM
Posted By: PossumCorner

Re: Post your website! - 01/06/06 02:34 PM

Hi David - enjoyed looking at your agility and lure-coursing galleries. But the bears, amazing, how close were you and how safe (or dangerous) was it? They are beautiful.

Re: Post your website! - 01/06/06 04:57 PM

While 100% of my income derives from photography, the vast majority is from Dog Agility and High School Sports. I want to transition out of the High School Sports and into Nature. The Dog Agility keeps my reactions honed for Nature Photography, besides being fun and lucrative.

Re: Post your website! - 01/06/06 05:02 PM

Hi Duane,
My Nature site is built with a combination of hand coding html using notepad and a freeware program called Jalbum. Jalabum generates the gallery pages in less than a minute and even ftp's the gallery to my web site. Eventually, I will get the whole web site built this way so that I can get out of the 18% commission that photoreflect charges.

Re: Post your website! - 01/06/06 05:15 PM

The bears are captive and I ranged from 20 feet to 50 feet. So it was very safe, although I did see one idiot photographer that climbed the fence and shot from the fence. I guess he forgot that a woman was pulled through the bars and eaten by a Polar Bear at the Anchorage Zoo a few years ago. She wanted to "get closer" so she stuck her point & shoot through the bars and the bear did what comes natural, he ate. It seems that up here in Alaska, the "Bear Experts" from outside the State and tells us about bear behavior and then proves themselves wrong by getting killed by a bear and then we have to kill the bear because of them. So I am a self impossed "bear Non-expert" and I am alive and they are not. LOL Thanks for your kind comments about my photography PC.
Posted By: kfairhurst

Re: Post your website! - 01/07/06 08:06 PM

Hi everyone,
Just joined your group. Always looking for helpful hints.
Here is my link. The website is home made and is temporary until the "pros" get done their version.

www.paramountphoto.ca
Posted By: PossumCorner

Re: Post your website! - 01/08/06 12:27 AM

Welcome, thanks the link, let's know won't you when the new website is up, some lovely shots on your current one for sure. Would be interested to know what you use for the portable pet portrait set-up mentioned - props and lighting?
Posted By: Jerry E

Re: Post your website! - 02/06/06 06:47 PM

www.pbase.com/vciinc
Posted By: Sarah

Re: Post your website! - 02/26/06 05:50 PM

www.pbase.com/sasc

Re: Post your website! - 02/26/06 06:06 PM

Hi Sarah,

Welcome aboard. I like a lot of your photos - great diversity. Miss Muffin though absolutely does it for me. I have a painful cat addiction. LOL.

James
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum