The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

You think you have snow

Posted By: glamson

You think you have snow - 03/08/11 06:12 PM

So it's that time of the year for my "so you think you have snow" post. This year snowfall is the heaviest I've seen in the 12 years I've been coming to the summit. Last week I had to dig out my telephone line that was under 2 ft of snow. It hangs about 18 ft off the ground.

First snow fall in October

Last week
Posted By: Peggy Sue

Re: You think you have snow - 03/09/11 10:29 PM

Makes me feel I am living in the Sun Belt.
Posted By: James Morrissey

Re: You think you have snow - 03/10/11 07:22 PM

Winter this year in NYC has been the most we have ever had - yet it is pretty pale compared to what Geo shows every year. Of course, I don't hear it as a complaint, it almost sounds like gloating. Sounds like he even wants more next year!! :P

James
Posted By: Andrew Smith

Re: You think you have snow - 03/15/11 06:53 AM

In four months there is huge difference in these two pics. Any how I think whether is okay now...

Monster snow... - 03/30/11 05:26 PM

Just an update after a monster set of storms that hit us in the last 2 weeks.
You can read about the trials and tribulations of living in these conditions at the summit in my blog post.

Previous Post
So it's that time of the year for my "so you think you have snow" post. This year snowfall is the heaviest I've seen in the 12 years I've been coming to the summit. Last week I had to dig out my telephone line that was under 2 ft of snow. It hangs about 18 ft off the ground.

First snow fall in October

Last week
Posted By: James Morrissey

Re: Monster snow... - 03/30/11 05:38 PM

WOW, George. That's intense...

Re: You think you have snow - 05/15/11 02:30 PM

I'm beginning to wonder if we are going to have a summer this year up hear on the summit. This is a pic from this morning. We have six inches of new snow and from the way it's snowing we could easily have over foot. Add that to the 12-15 ft that is still on the ground.

© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum