The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

Ideas for a Photo Challenge

Posted By: James Morrissey

Ideas for a Photo Challenge - 06/07/11 01:30 AM

Hey Everyone,

Things have been a bit quiet around here recently. Anyone have any ideas for a photo challenge?

James
Posted By: psmith

Re: Ideas for a Photo Challenge - 06/07/11 05:47 AM

Tongues.
Posted By: Peggy Sue

Re: Ideas for a Photo Challenge - 06/07/11 10:22 AM

Laughable
Posted By: Jim Poor

Re: Ideas for a Photo Challenge - 06/07/11 12:16 PM

BLUE - Julie will love that one!

Funny, I've been thinking about some sort of photo a day thing myself lately.
Posted By: Don Edwards

Re: Ideas for a Photo Challenge - 06/07/11 12:59 PM

How about - Water

We have more than we can handle here in Council Bluffs.

Don
Posted By: psmith

Re: Ideas for a Photo Challenge - 06/07/11 01:56 PM

Bloopers.

Re: Ideas for a Photo Challenge - 06/07/11 08:23 PM

Hey Everyone,

So far some cool ideas. To recap, these are the five that have been proffered to date:

Bloopers
Water
BLUE
Laughable
Tongues

Not a bad place to start. Let's vote on one of these. We can always do another one the following month.

James
Posted By: Tyler

Re: Ideas for a Photo Challenge - 06/07/11 08:41 PM

James, I still remember very fondly a challenge I was given in the one photo class I took at 19. It is tough, but I had so much fun doing it and took one of my favorite pics this way.

Challenge - 10 photos from one spot, of as many different subjects as you can find. You can turn, kneel, bend, or anything like that, but stay in that spot.

Or - Something the size of a quarter or less (for a one shot challenge)
Posted By: Tucson Jim

Re: Ideas for a Photo Challenge - 06/07/11 11:27 PM

James:

I vote for water. Of course I'll be hard presses to find any around here. Don, you could send your excess here. We'll take all we can get and then some.

For a future activity, how about "Natural Wonders in your Neighborhood". A 3-5 shot series taken within a one hour drive from your home. It could be a re-photograph of an iconic image or anything else that communicates what you feel is the quintessential essence of where you live/work. I would envision subjects limited to something that would normally be considered appropriate for posting in one of the existing NWP Forums.

Similar threads have been quite popular in other forums.

Jim
Posted By: StarrLight

Re: Ideas for a Photo Challenge - 06/08/11 04:00 AM

I like this idea a lot. Seems like there needs to be several different challenges, some are pet related and some not. maybe one this month and one the next?
Diana

Originally Posted By: Tyler
James, I still remember very fondly a challenge I was given in the one photo class I took at 19. It is tough, but I had so much fun doing it and took one of my favorite pics this way.

Challenge - 10 photos from one spot, of as many different subjects as you can find. You can turn, kneel, bend, or anything like that, but stay in that spot.

Posted By: Don Edwards

Re: Ideas for a Photo Challenge - 06/08/11 01:24 PM

Originally Posted By: Tyler

I like this one as well it could make for some interesting photos.

Don

Re: Ideas for a Photo Challenge - 06/09/11 03:29 AM

I am thinking that we can go one of two routes. Either we can do separate ones for Nature/Wildlife and Pet photography or we can pick a theme and each go to town on it.

I was thinking about changing the Critique forum to "Critique and Challenges."

Are we - as a group - moving towards Tyler's idea of 10 different images from one location or are we looking at Water (they seem to be the two runners up).

James
Posted By: Peggy Sue

Re: Ideas for a Photo Challenge - 06/09/11 01:14 PM

I think I will stand in a bucket of water and shoot from that place smile
Posted By: Marie Mitchell Photography

Re: Ideas for a Photo Challenge - 06/10/11 09:28 AM

Sounds like fun! Sure helps to get the creativeness flowing!
Posted By: rabhobbes

Re: Ideas for a Photo Challenge - 06/10/11 08:05 PM

I like the tongues and bloopers!
Posted By: Jim Garvie

Re: Ideas for a Photo Challenge - 06/12/11 08:35 PM

A couple of years ago, we had the "50 mm" challenge where we could only use a fixed focal length 50 mm lens for a series of shots. It was fun to do and educational. It made me move to more primes than zooms and realize that moving your feet can actually give you an entirely different perspective on your subject.

Cheers,
Posted By: Sue Deutscher

Re: Ideas for a Photo Challenge - 07/28/11 11:41 AM

I like bloopers. I've got a ton!
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum