The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

August Photo Challenge #2

Posted By: James Morrissey

August Photo Challenge #2 - 07/28/11 06:25 PM

Hey Everyone,

I am going to commence on voting for the photos from the July photo challenge. I think we are going to change the rules a bit and allow only one photo for the month. The friendly prize? An NWP Photo Forum T-Shirt. LOL, wish I had a camera for Geo...however, I just looked at my Amex bill for July.

Anyway, we the the following categories to choose for August:

1. Natural Wonders in your Neighborhood
2. Bloopers
3. 50mm challenge (my personal favorite)
4. Tongues
5. Laughable
6. bloopers (so far the running favorite - I have no idea about what to do though as a blooper implies it was not intentional....)
7. 10 photos from one spot.

Thanks
James
Posted By: Jim Garvie

Re: August Photo Challenge #2 - 07/28/11 07:28 PM

Rottweilers! OK, seriously, I love single focal-length challenges like the 50 mm challenge. Teaches you to see things differently -- and to shoot them differently -- than with zooms.

Jim
Posted By: Tyler

Re: August Photo Challenge #2 - 07/29/11 03:40 PM

There were some amazing shots posted in the last challenge, but I'd like to politely discourage everyone (if its ok) and ask maybe only photos taken for the challenge be posted, not some great old ones that fit the theme. Or maybe let everyone have one archive submission and one new.

Also, I think it could be great if people share maybe a couple small hints if it relates to the challenge. So for water, maybe we can talk about some of the things that make shots with water difficult and how to over come them. I guess I'd like to see the challenges as a way for people to improve more their skills or learn something new if possible, as well as take some new photos.
Posted By: Tyler

Re: August Photo Challenge #2 - 07/29/11 03:42 PM

And maybe the edit post feature enabled so I can fix my spelling errors and typos. blush
Posted By: daveman

Re: August Photo Challenge #2 - 07/29/11 09:32 PM

Maybe the winner each month picks the topic for the following month - as part of the "glory" of winning...
Posted By: Jim Garvie

Re: August Photo Challenge #2 - 07/30/11 12:41 AM

I second Dave's suggestion. And if I win, I'm picking Rottweilers grin.

Jim
Posted By: James Morrissey

Re: August Photo Challenge #2 - 07/30/11 09:48 AM

That's brilliant! Everyone else OK w this?

On another note, I am going toput together an imperfect poll as part of the next newsletter.

Cheers,
James
Posted By: Sunstruck

Re: August Photo Challenge #2 - 08/05/11 07:45 PM

I love Dave and Tyler's comments. I think it is a great idea to talk about the shots and the challenges, and letting the winner pick the next topic sounds wonderful.
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum